Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2015, 08:22 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,741,019 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know about this community in Fayetteville (Clayton Panhandle). I've found a good house here, and the community seems nice, but what about the surrounding area. Does anyone know about the HOA and what the fees are like because I can't find it on their website. REPCA - Home Page
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 08:46 PM

72 posts, read 89,502 times
The Golf Course has been a wilderness area for the last 5 years. I guess the HOA dues pay for the Tennis courts, pools, and community centers. You could ask them directly or find a Fayetteville/Lovejoy area relator.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:05 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,359,435 times
Very nice community. It is true about the golf course, but the neighborhoods are well maintained. Clayton County with a Fayetteville address; literally across County Line Road from Fayette County. Surrounding neighborhoods nice as well. Accessible to Fayetteville for shopping (All grocery chains, Walmart, Target. Penny's, Belk, Khoal's etc)/ I hear many great things about Rivers Edge Elementary, less so about Lovejoy Middle and High. People that I know who live there like it; many are still underwater from the housing crisis. I would DEFINITELY consider the community if I could find a great deal on a house. Best of luck to you.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:41 PM

72 posts, read 89,502 times
The closeby Wayfield and Ace Hardware is really nice.

Old 04-15-2015, 02:01 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,741,019 times
Thanks for the info. I will definitely consider this community. Would you say the Lovejoy shopping centers are closer, or Fayetteville's.

Old 04-15-2015, 02:28 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,359,435 times
Equal distance, but I LOVE the intersection of GA 85 and 92 at the southern end of Fayetteville's city limits for grocery shopping. My wife is a couponer and shops the sales papers and having a Publix, Kroger, and Ingle's on the same corner would be VERY convenient. The north side of Fayetteville also has what I feel is the NICEST Food Depot in the entire chain with another convenient Kroger across the street. That said, living on the other side of Clayton County from all this keeps us from using these nice and convenient grocers too often, unless we are there for another purpose (Dollar Movie/ Fayette Pavillion Stores), but if I lived in River's Edge Plantation, I would be like, "Lovejoy WHO?" LOL

Old 04-16-2015, 12:33 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times
River's Edge has an interesting history. Look closely at a map ... that area was part of Fayette County originally, but sometime in the 1800s the landowner had a falling out with Fayette government and managed to get his property annexed into Clayton. No matter that it was the only part of Clayton east of the Flint River, and literally cut off from the rest of the county. In fact, until River's Edge was developed, a narrow dirt road and a rickety bridge was the only way to get to THAT part Clayton from the Lovejoy / Panhandle Road section of Clayton.

Another unfortunate and disturbing fact about River's Edge: Because it was historically part of Fayette, the entire development was given Fayetteville addresses and phone numbers. In the early marketing and sales efforts, Real Estate agents intentionally misled people into thinking they were buying in FAYETTE COUNTY ... and into the Fayette school district. I have heard many, many stories through the years of people who literally had no idea they were in Clayton until they went to register their kids for school ... or get their car tags ... or get a library card. That was more of an annoyance than a serious concern at first ... before the school system imploded ... and property values plummeted ... and half the homes went into foreclosure .,.. and the golf club went bankrupt.

But hey ... they can still say "I live in Fayetteville!"
Attached Thumbnails
River's Edge Plantation in Fayeteville-rivers-edge.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta