Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 12:47 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,360,940 times

Advertisements

I am not sure which weekend it is coming, but the Scott Antique Market at the old Richway and Treasure Island on Jonesboro Road on the Southeast Atlanta/ Forest Park border has some excellent bargains. If you go, I would stay in the outside Tent areas (not inside of the buildings) These independent booths outside often have more like vintage (not antique) furniture and due to their lower overhead can have some tremendous bargains. Truly, I have furnished 75% of my house this way. It might even be THIS weekend, search on the web for more details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 03:46 PM

32,021 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Don't overlook Freecycle and Goodwill.

I'm an incurable trash picker myself and I find all kinds of good stuff for nothing.

Old 05-06-2015, 05:40 PM

145 posts, read 166,086 times
I would think with college graduation season, some folks moving back home may be selling entire collections. Just a thought. Check out college towns, like Athens, to widen your opportunity set.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:13 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,820,665 times
American Signature furniture has some good prices, and the furniture appears to be sturdy. My brother has some 10 year old things like a bistro dining table that he gave his step-daughter when she went to school last year and they were still in great shape.

You may want to check out the furniture market up 85N that's either in Norcross or Duluth. I forget which, but there are so many furniture stores and outlets that I would not know how to begin naming one.

This may sound pricey, but you could consider Macy's on a good sale weekend. By the time you get 40% of this plus some other percentage off for that, it actually comes out pretty economical.

I agree with the other posters who said not to buy used mattress set. I'm not so sure I'd go along with anything fabric based where my bare skin might touch it used but of course those things can be cleaned or re-upholstered but you may as well have bought it new in the first place by the time you spend money for that.

I'd definitely consider estate sales, craigslist, and hell even the ajc for nice dining furniture, accent tables, desks, and the like.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:13 PM

1,709 posts, read 3,425,005 times
We went to Dalton to the place that was affiliated with Carpets of Dalton years ago. Found a lot of great stuff for way cheaper than stuff around town. They charged for delivery was the only downfall. Lots of NC manufacturers.

Old 05-07-2015, 03:57 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,820,665 times
You could also check out Ashley Furniture. There are some locations in the metro, but they also had a Website under a different name with free shipping, but I cannot recall the URL right now. Speaking of free shipping, you could consider Overstock.com.

Old 05-07-2015, 04:58 AM

1,850 posts, read 3,016,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjackcromer59 View Post
I'm planning on getting a new place in like a month. Problem is I have no furniture of my own of much note. Where can I find some cheap, but still nice furniture around here? I'm willing to pay slightly more for nice detail and good solid construction, but I can't go into the thousands of dollars.
The only think I would by used are lamps.

When you buy used.The risks:

Anything of Fabric--bed bugs

Anything of Wood--termites

If you have the means to do so, get it new and all the best..

Old 05-07-2015, 05:55 AM

1,990 posts, read 2,360,940 times
Maybe I could follow the bed bug comment (although I have never had that experience with used or antique upholstered furniture I have bought, and I have bought quite a lot) but termites?! Come on. I realize that some people prefer new, but don't make up reasons to buy new.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:55 AM

1,979 posts, read 2,382,965 times
Yeah....I have never even seen termite infested furniture. lol

Old 05-07-2015, 09:18 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,237,327 times
There is that new site that sounds really interesting. Can't think of the name but they have been advertising for it on MARTA. It's used furniture, sounds affordable, and they deliver it to you.

Also, check out the JC Penney furniture outlet in Forrest Park, we have found some excellent deals there. You have to check every week or two as the stock changes out. Prices go down the longer the furniture sits there.]

EDIT - The site is called MoveLoot. Looks like good prices. Site looks just like AirBNB...weird.

https://www.moveloot.com/atl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta