Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 07:40 AM

18 posts, read 17,540 times

Advertisements

Why is it a MONUMENTAL task to disconnect xfinity services?

You talk to one rep, they transfer you to another department and give you 1,001 steps.

Even after you follow those steps, there is no guarantee they will disconnect service.

Do the reps get dinged for disconnecting services?

That is the only logical assumption of why they MAKE IT SO COMPLICATED!

Can anyone share their experience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 08:02 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,823,194 times
I think there are many problems, but the major one seems to be multiple computer systems that are not playing well together. I'm assuming they are not all liars so clearly something is not getting updated everywhere. I disconnected the cable and returned the boxes in December, but kept the alarm system. Four months later in March, I had a tech come to my home to pick up the boxes which as I said I had returned in December. We actually got into a brief shouting match, but he said the ticket had not been closed out and said he'd close it. I'm still not sure if he did, but at least I have my paperwork.

As for transfer process, I refuse to even raise my blood pressure discussing it. I cannot tell you when trying to cancel how many times I was transferred only to be disconnected. On top of that, if I did make it through I had to start fresh each time like the last person did not leave any notes on my account.

Something is seriously wrong with the communication process. It needs an overhaul. I used my parents as an alternate contact phone number for the installation service call. In short, if for some reason, I did not catch the call, call them and they'll get in contact with me.

They live in a different state and still have Comcast. Before I say this next part, I want to make it clear that in no way were they associated with my account in any way except for being an alternate contact. Do you know that my first bill got added to their bill?!? Then you have to talk to half the staff to even get it straightened out. It's crazy!

Old 05-07-2015, 08:02 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,962,532 times
Been there, done that. We weren't even trying to cancel, we had an issue we needed resolved with internet service, and my husband was so frustrated by the customer service he tried to cancel, and was on the phone, no joke, for 3 hours. And wasn't successful.

How to cancel Comcast service without spending an hour on the phone | BGR

I've also read that you can disconnect the Comcast equipment and take it to the local office, tell them you're done, and there is much less hassle face-to-face.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:03 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,823,194 times
Add to that, the cable service only worked every now and then so I had to let it go. And another thing, when I moved the first pass at installation didn't work because they had not disconnected the previous tenant.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:12 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,786,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Been there, done that. We weren't even trying to cancel, we had an issue we needed resolved with internet service, and my husband was so frustrated by the customer service he tried to cancel, and was on the phone, no joke, for 3 hours. And wasn't successful.

I've also read that you can disconnect the Comcast equipment and take it to the local office, tell them you're done, and there is much less hassle face-to-face.
There you have it

Old 05-07-2015, 08:51 AM

1,979 posts, read 2,384,400 times
You could always just stop paying. they will find a way to cut you off quick-fast for nonpayment. lol

Old 05-07-2015, 08:53 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,062,786 times
No telling how long they'll make you wait in line, though.

If your time is worth more than money to you, you can always box the gear up with a note and send it through a carrier that has tracking so you can prove it was received.

Conversely, you can also write a letter instructing Comcast to disconnect service. Send it certified mail. That gets their attention because it stands up in court.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:57 AM

18 posts, read 17,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
Something is seriously wrong with the communication process. It needs an overhaul. I used my parents as an alternate contact phone number for the installation service call. In short, if for some reason, I did not catch the call, call them and they'll get in contact with me.

They live in a different state and still have Comcast. Before I say this next part, I want to make it clear that in no way were they associated with my account in any way except for being an alternate contact. Do you know that my first bill got added to their bill?!? Then you have to talk to half the staff to even get it straightened out. It's crazy!
They transfer you several times and each time you keep starting the story all over again. I had to tell the last rep that they were using up my work hours with all the transfers. Are there no notes on the accounts. It is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post

This is what I resorted to. After several failed attempts by phone and chat, I disconnected the equipment and dropped it off. The reps would not give me a clear response. I asked each one, does it count against you if you disconnect my service. No clear response, all they said was they do not handle that in their department.

Back and forth between service, billing and retention department.

Funniest part was when she said I should prepay for another month and Comcast would refund me the billing error.

I almost died laughing, Really, who can TRUST Comcast/Xfinity to do that?????

I suspect the problem is not the Reps, the problem is the training and expectations of the company.

The Reps are trapped between

an employer with shady business practices

and

upset customers.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:11 AM

1,979 posts, read 2,384,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kui101 View Post

I suspect the problem is not the Reps, the problem is the training and expectations of the company.

The Reps are trapped between

an employer with shady business practices

and

upset customers.

yeah - I mean Comcast certainly doesn't WANT to let your money go. Why wouldn't they make it a byzantine effort to disconnect service?

Old 05-07-2015, 09:42 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,393,037 times
I will go without TV and Internet before I ever, ever, ever use Comcast again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta