Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 10:35 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,890,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Well, if it was only black people that were being rude to the speaker, and if it was only black people who were walking out, how is she being racist by saying it's only the black people who are walking out? She told the truth. I understand the truth bites and stings, but its still the truth. Being called out on it doesn't make it untrue. She'll probably end up losing her job and her repuration being labeled a racist, and will probably go thru some rehab, and pretty much start over in another career that does not requiree much public interaction.
Blacks weren't the only ones walking out. It clearly shows whites walking out too. It's not what she said its how she says it...
She should have never brought race into it. All the BLACK people weren't leaving their were still a bunch of them seated. Including the person who recorded this.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:40 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,890,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
Attafter someone would have meet her outside should they physically attack or verbally attack? I'm just trying to get clairification on how this should be handled by us black people.
They shouldn't do anything. The way you have parents going up to schools beating up teachers and students fighting teachers. It wouldn't have been a surprise If someone met her outside with violence because that's the mentality of some people.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:50 AM

2,239 posts, read 5,821,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeSides View Post
A few questions:
1. In what year did this genocide take place? I presume that it took place long before any European set foot in Africa. I presume that we know of this genocide because primitive cave art details the tragedy. Am I correct?

2. Was Rwanda ever colonized by Europeans? Again, I presume not. Am I correct?

3. Was this genocide carried out via primitive African weapons or weapons produced and provided by Europeans? I presume that it was carried out via the former. Am I correct?

CMMom, if I wasn't clear, let me be clear. I was talking about Black folk annihilating so called red, yellow, or white folk. Inform me of an event(s) in history when Black folk left their homeland and set out, with the intent of slaughter. Spare me examples of sanctioned killings, please!
I'm really not sure what your point is here, and it's certainly off topic from the subject of this thread. You seem to think that black people are somehow immune from killing each other, and I have no idea what the point of the questions above is. Look at Sudan, Rwanda, Burundi, and the Red Terror in Ethiopia. How about the Nigerian Civil War? Up to 10 million dead in the Congo? I guess none of those count.

Dude, killing is a human thing, not just a white thing.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:13 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,791,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post

OMG, I agree with Saintmarks.

You're right--the moments in the video leading up to her now infamous comments clearly show that she had no control over that ceremony in the first place. She was the director/principal/headmaster; it was her responsibility to establish and maintain an orderly ceremony.

To use some terminology from sports, she choked. The situation (that she helped create) got to her too much, and she buckled under the pressure. Now she has to deal with the consequences.
lol, don't be so surprised. I'm not that out there. I like most of the stuff you post here. The political left/right divide is unfortunate and divides us into camps that really aren't fair most of the time.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:25 PM

20,502 posts, read 33,347,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeSides View Post
Greetings,

I read Mutiny's post, and I agree.

I'll tell you a little about me before I answer your question. History has revealed to ME, that white folk are the eternal enemy of Black folk. I accept this and behave accordingly. I don't make excuses for it. Despite the fact that Black folk haven't dropped an atomic bomb on anyone, haven't enslaved anyone, are not responsible for the genocide of anyone, the whole effing world hates US!!!! This is a painful fact that we do not want to accept. However, I accept this fact. The propaganda is strong! This is the truly disgusting part of it all. We willingly participate in the negative behavior that shapes how we are perceived globally.

Collectively, Black folk are mentally ill. Yes, we are sick in the head. It is a socio-political NECESSITY that we be sick in the head. When they, our eternal enemy, decide that now is the time to do the big thing to us. NO ONE WILL COMPLAIN! Why? Because they have complied enough evidence to support their claim that we are TRASH. Trash is to be disposed of.

In our sick state of mind, we kill, rape, sell poison, etc., to each other and we justify our sick behaviors. When a Black man is killed by a white cop, it then becomes wrong to kill Black people! Please, don't get me wrong. I HATE those bastards who terrorize our neighborhoods. Yes, I'm talking about Black people. I know that I'm not alone in this sentiment. I know that lots of Black people are disgusted by our criminal behavior. It would be simple to take up arms and destroy every one of our neighborhood terrorists. However, that would not get rid of the dynamic that produces these terrorists in the first place. I'm interested in destroying that dynamic. That dynamic is racism.

Racism is NOT a white person calling Black people the n word. Racism is the dynamic that makes Black people believe that we are n words. I accept the Positive Kemetic Visions definition of the n word: a n word is a life, unworthy of life. Many Black people have internalized this definition. That's why it's so easy for Black folk who believe that Black folk, including themselves, are n words, to destroy other Black folk.

Now, my answer to your question. I heard someone from the video say, "You don't argue with crazy people." He's correct. They should have quietly remained seated or quietly exited. Speak not with your mouth, speak with your wallet!

Another thing about me. I'm a May born Gemini! I love to talk! It has been my goal, for the last few years, to be a better listener. As Black folk, we would do well to be great listeners. Let's not get upset because we don't like what we hear. Calmly listen and then decide the next move
I'm also a black man May born Gemini. Just saying that walking out calmly after being called out is now reality especially when you're dealing with teenagers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta