Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 10:15 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,520,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Honestly with the way she said that she was lucky she was even able to walk out of there.
Lucky?? Are you saying the black people should have taught her a lesson physically ?

Old 05-11-2015, 11:47 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,908,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
Lucky?? Are you saying the black people should have taught her a lesson physically ?
If it was the right area she probably would have been met outside. No one saying they should have taught her a lesson but I bet someone was probably thinking that..

In the video you can see one of the students throws something towards the stage

Old 05-11-2015, 12:06 PM

719 posts, read 1,332,198 times
LOL! This is hilarious. At the end of the day who cares! You will never get rid of racism and ignorance. Honestly, a lot of people are intimidated about minority wealth and success that's why you constantly hear about minority/majority this and that. The culture shift is changing into Minority being the Majority..... This lady just spoke her truth. And I prefer It that way....

Old 05-11-2015, 12:20 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,153,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long duck dong View Post
Is what she said illegal?
Will the school lose accredited status?

Also, I know what demographic won't be enrolling next year..

Which means I would be even more eager to enroll my kid at her school tbh
Oh great, a newbie who has no vested interest in metro Atlanta coming to pollute this thread with his unhelpful opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Two racist New Yorkers on this board over the weekend. Weird.
Yeah WTF...

Old 05-11-2015, 12:23 PM

16,683 posts, read 29,499,000 times
long duck dong may be Adam.Bomb

Old 05-11-2015, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
I just don't like the fact that there are people out there...who would liken the trait of "rudeness" or being "uncouth" in polite company...to be an intrinsically Black American cultural characteristic.

These same people will be Judges, Employers, Police Officers, and Prosecutors who are the decision makers of the fates of black people.

Sad though, that there are those out there who would easily brush off the comments of the TNT Academy's founder as harmless.

It just shows that America is still a racially tribalized country in 2015.

And that people have yet to figure out how to truly and deeply understand each other...and sort out those differences in an enlightened and respectful manner.
Excellent points. If blacks' dignities can be trivialized in education, and in a formal graduation ceremony, then how big a leap is it to trivialize their lives in the justice system? Not much of one.

Old 05-11-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
John how long have you been in this country?? Not being a smart azz just curious why you are surprise at some parents now wanting to enroll their children there.

Principal on racist graduation remarks:

Says the devil made her do it...based on the article it seems she doesnt have patience for black people. OK....she was very comfortable making these comments, The move is if she has no patience for black people, but wants black peoples money for the education then the black kids should find other options. My rule is SPEND where you are appreciated and welcomed. Now im not one of these Pro blacks that cries racism every time a white person shows their true colors. So I am curious what is the goal here? Do black want an apology? Should all the blacks leave the school making it a school with all races but Blacks? Should she be arrested and do time? I see many arguing, but what should be the end result here? What would be a satisfying end result?
That depends on whether she is the owner or not.

If she's not, then the answer is simple--fire her immediately.

If she is, then she should do the honorable thing and sell the school to someone who won't use "the devil was in the house" defense when saying something absolutely stupid.

Old 05-11-2015, 12:49 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,908,718 times
She is the owner of TNT Academy.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:58 PM

4,502 posts, read 4,607,884 times
Well, if it was only black people that were being rude to the speaker, and if it was only black people who were walking out, how is she being racist by saying it's only the black people who are walking out? She told the truth. I understand the truth bites and stings, but its still the truth. Being called out on it doesn't make it untrue. She'll probably end up losing her job and her repuration being labeled a racist, and will probably go thru some rehab, and pretty much start over in another career that does not requiree much public interaction.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:59 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,549,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Honestly with the way she said that she was lucky she was even able to walk out of there.
i know thats right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta