Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 09:08 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,309,880 times

Advertisements

And to any of the so-called model minority Asian folks on this thread who seem to think that they can tap-dance for the dominant society and not get stung here's a wake-up call for you:

White supremacist cops can and will sting you folks as well.

Pull your heads out of your sphincters and get with the reality here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Vgqe0SBLM

Student left in DEA cell to get $4 million from feds | Fox News

Last edited by AcidSnake; 05-15-2015 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: I am done with this foolishness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 09:10 AM

1,979 posts, read 2,383,252 times
Are you just randomly injecting political opinions to start fights without reading through the thread?

Old 05-15-2015, 09:15 AM

This thread itself is political. If you don't like what's inside the house, don't open the door.

Old 05-15-2015, 09:16 AM

I don't even know what that means, but thanks for your 2 cents.

Old 05-15-2015, 09:18 AM

989 posts, read 1,742,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryska View Post
I think running turns a victim into a criminal very quickly. And a criminal into a victim.

So I'm a need folks to stop running. At least then, if people are still getting shot while cooperating, the case for out-of-control police brutality becomes stronger and more difficult for anyone to deny.
Ask Oscar Grant how not running worked out for him, or more recently Eric Harris.

Quote:
SO here's a question for those advocating the "you should run" position.

If you get stopped by the cops, do you, yourself, intend to run and let the police give chase? Why or why not?
No one here is advocating that you SHOULD run, you are presenting a false premise. What most folks are advocating is NOT ruling out running. It's clear you don't understand the difference between the two.

To answer you question, running from the police or ANYONE is a constitutional right. It's also a biological response to fear. I find ironic that you believe that the U.S. is the "fairest" criminal justice system in the world "by the books", while also advocating that the citizens should not use their "by the book rights." Your post reek of hypocrisy.

Old 05-15-2015, 09:19 AM

You are welcome.

Old 05-15-2015, 09:26 AM

Wish I could rep you.

It's a sorry sight to see that there are so many "statist" minded people on city-data. I guess they feel like as long as they are down with the group engaging in police state violence on the weak and the vulnerable, it's okay.

That is truly sad and immoral on so many levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanarmy View Post
Ask Oscar Grant how not running worked out for him, or more recently Eric Harris.

No one here is advocating that you SHOULD run, you are presenting a false premise. What most folks are advocating is NOT ruling out running. It's clear you don't understand the difference between the two.

To answer you question, running from the police or ANYONE is a constitutional right. It's also a biological response to fear. I find ironic that you believe that the U.S. is the "fairest" criminal justice system in the world "by the books", while also advocating that the citizens should not use their "by the book rights." Your post reek of hypocrisy.

Old 05-15-2015, 09:34 AM

Quote:

I have the constitutional right to call a cop a PIG, when he pulls me over. Doesn't mean I will be exercising that right either.

KLB said this:

Quote:
“One of the things I will always teach my children is that they have the right to run. It may be ill advised but the issue is not with them exercising their rights but the response to them exercising their rights.”

As long as the understanding of the 4th amendment includes this:"when a law enforcement officer is pursuing a fleeing suspect, he or she may not use deadly force to prevent escape unless the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others."

KLB's response (which admittedly tapdances by using her qualifier of it being ill-advised) does not solve the problem.

Which is pushing police officers (who are still human beings and have their own fear-responses - since we are making excuses for human behavior) to shoot unarmed men.

Take away the opportunity for a legitimately armed human being to exercise their own fear response by modulating your own behavior and then you can start making the solid case that something is rotten in Denmark in regards to Police Brutality.

By the same token as you questioning my opinion that it is the fairest justice system in the world, you do realize the irony of mentioning the very constitutional rights I am referring to, yeah?

Old 05-15-2015, 10:15 AM

989 posts, read 1,742,818 times
Quote:
I have the constitutional right to call a cop a PIG, when he pulls me over. Doesn't mean I will be exercising that right either.

KLB said this:

As long as the understanding of the 4th amendment includes this:"when a law enforcement officer is pursuing a fleeing suspect, he or she may not use deadly force to prevent escape unless the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others."

KLB's response (which admittedly tapdances by using her qualifier of it being ill-advised) does not solve the problem.

Which is pushing police officers (who are still human beings and have their own fear-responses - since we are making excuses for human behavior) to shoot unarmed men.

Take away the opportunity for a legitimately armed human being to exercise their own fear response by modulating your own behavior and then you can start making the solid case that something is rotten in Denmark in regards to Police Brutality.

By the same token as you questioning my opinion that it is the fairest justice system in the world, you do realize the irony of mentioning the very constitutional rights I am referring to, yeah?
I think you are advocating compliance, which has been historically an ineffective solution to change. The criminal justice system in America is corrupt, no matter how "fair" the laws are actually written. I take it that you would like to see change in the system, but you can't change it by ordering people to effectively be more tolerant to the corruption. You must fight the system by showing it's hypocrisy, not through compliance.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:29 AM

Quote:
I think you are advocating compliance, which has been historically an ineffective solution to change. The criminal justice system in America is corrupt, no matter how "fair" the laws are actually written. I take it that you would like to see change in the system, but you can't change it by ordering people to effectively be more tolerant to the corruption. You must fight the system by showing it's hypocrisy, not through compliance.
I absolutely am advocating compliance. Primarily because you cannot prove systemic brutality if you keep giving police the "probable cause" excuse.

If you are doing everything by the book when you are arrested, and you are handled incorrectly with no probable cause, then you have made the case that the problem lies with the aggressors.

I think in the cases in Baltimore and with BART, once the facts are out at a higher level than the local jurisdiction, the locals will be found at fault. The more that happens, the greater than chance for actual change. That is how you show the hypocrisy.

Just like with your job. You need to be able to document you did everything you were supposed to in order to show you were wrongfully terminated. If you weren't doing your job (moreso in a right to work state), you will have a tough time winning your case.

Yeah, that means you have to comply with "the Man" and do what he says, but there is an endgame here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta