Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 07:06 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,325,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Not many left in the South anymore as we turn into Walmart, food chain nation.
Ain't that the truth and so sad!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2006, 07:25 AM

51 posts, read 286,394 times
There is a website for the Sundial...you can check out information about the menu, etc...and there are reviews about it on the internet. Actually you can read reviews about most of the restaurants in Atlanta. The trouble with reviews is...you never know who is actually writing them. It could be the competition writing negative reviews...or employees writing good reviews...you just never know.

My son took his girlfriend to the Sundial for their first anniversary and he dropped over $200 for appetizers, entrees, desserts and drinks. He said the food was good...but, you are paying for the rotating restaurant. They went before sundown, had a drink in the lounge and enjoyed the view(s), then had dinner in the restaurant after sundown...that way they saw both the day light and night time views. Some people just go up to the lounge and skip having dinner all together.

I've looked at the lunch menu, and it is much more reasonable.

I was told, by employees at the restaurant, that it went under new management a few years ago, and the prices are lower than they used to be and the food is better.

I checked out the restaurant for the before prom meals for my youngest son and his friends..they have a great package, that was pretty reasonable compared to some of the restaurants in Atlanta.

My other son, who has lived in the Midtown/Buckhead area for over 3 years and is a closet gourmet chef...lol..has probably eaten in most of the restaurants in Atlanta that people say have great food, etc. He said that there are some restaurants in Atlanta with better food....but the Sundial's food is not bad and eating there is extra special for the uniqueness of the restaurant itself.

There are a ton of great restaurants in Atlanta!

Last edited by irish2; 11-16-2006 at 07:45 AM..

Old 11-16-2006, 09:01 AM

425 posts, read 1,750,019 times
Sundial caters to the prom crowd and out-of-towners seeking more than just food. The novelty of the rotating floor will quickly wear thin and then you will quickly realize that you are chowing down on sub par food. My experience there has been mostly a miss, and I will admit to not having been there in over 10 years. But even today the place is not recommended within the foodie circle and the restaurant is fighting the "not for the foodie" image.

There are other places that offer culinary excellence without the novelty premium added to the overall cost of dining. Speaking of Southern food, try the fried chicken at Watershed in Decatur, good stuff.

Old 11-20-2006, 05:38 AM

54 posts, read 310,248 times
We had an awesome time in Atlanta! the southern hospitality was great! We both felt there are some very nice people there. We ended up eating at "Ruth Chris Steak House" (by the equarium) and the next night we ate at the "Atlanta Fish Market" ????? it was next to the "Hard Rock Cafe"
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:07 AM

1 posts, read 3,543 times
Default seegers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgpill View Post
Nope - Seeger's is not closed. G. Seeger ended up working out the financial woes and it is now back in business.

seegers-dot-com
is seegers closed or not? I tried to call them, but the number is disconnected. please help!!! i have to go there and will cry if they are really closed!!!

Old 07-02-2007, 04:17 AM

71 posts, read 332,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
If you want Old Southern Cooking go to MaryMac's Tea Room.
Located downtown on Ponce De Leon close to the Fox Theater.

If you want fried chicken, okra, taters, pie, etc. prepared by a group of diverse southern men and women then you will enjoy the place.

Not many left in the South anymore as we turn into Walmart, food chain nation.

They have Website marymacs.com
Ugh, Marymacs is terrible and survives on camp reputation alone. There are several meat and 3 type places that are better if you're into that sort thing.

Carvers on the west side is awesome and truly southern.

... now for something fun to do, go to Trader Vics. Order a humongous tiki drink. They are only in a few cities in the US so don't miss a chance to try it out.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:17 AM

1,517 posts, read 6,715,779 times
I will say this with full conviction...
Hands down, it's Rathbuns in Inman Park.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:17 AM

3,972 posts, read 12,601,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnbaranco View Post
is seegers closed or not? I tried to call them, but the number is disconnected. please help!!! i have to go there and will cry if they are really closed!!!

Sorry, they are closed. Not to many people felt the way you did.

If you google it == seegers closed -- you will find some articles, I am sure.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:18 AM

1,517 posts, read 6,715,779 times
Oh, and take a cab to go there. You'll likely have to cab somewhere anyway so you might as well go to the best possible food. It was definitely the best meal I've had in Atlanta, if not one of the best meals I've ever had in any city.
Worth it. Do not go to Ruth Chris' Steak House!! There is a world of difference here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta