Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 05:06 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,937,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
I see nothing wrong with black people who feel that a black neighborhood is not best suited for them. I just hope that they would accept all the ramifications of their decisions good or bad.

Accept that your non-black neighbors may reflexive call the police on you just for simply taking a walk around the block.

Accept that you may have to show a little more activism and aggression in protecting your kids should they deal with an overly aggresive cop or an overly-punitive & judgmental teacher/principal.

Accept that your very existence in the white neighborhood will immediately and magically cause a devaluation of not only your own property, but the property all around you.

That being said, we shall segue to these next set of depressing news:

Accept that although for the moment your non-black neighbors are tolerating your presence...they may be constantly contemplating an escape plan from your presence...the moment the job/housing market stabilizes and their kids are nearing adulthood.

Accept that although your new suburban/exurban neighborhood is "mixed" to white right now...it may potentially transition in a few years to "mixed" to black.

Accept that after your neighborhood finishes its transition...the type of transition caused by your leaving the old neighborhood...the property values of your new neighborhood will be severely marked down.

And finally, accept that the businesses that existed in that new neighborhood will close up and/or move out...and that some of the type of lowbrow failures that you left in your old stomping grounds...will inevitably follow you to your new stomping grounds. Because now they can afford(sorta) to live just like you.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of these depressing news.

But I've seen this situation too many countless times to count.
What a horribly cynical and twisted view you have in regards to practically every single facet of life here.

I live in a racially mixed neighborhood in NW DeKalb. None of the ridiculous things listed above apply here by any stretch.

I see your message as "you need to stay in your place, or else."

Last edited by JMatl; 06-10-2015 at 05:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 05:22 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,442,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Then might I suggest a History 101 course so that you might understand why inner-city Black neighborhoods all across the country are in the shape that they are in.
No need to get cynical. I did take history 101, and it still didn't teach or reflect on the things you mention.

Last edited by Atlwarrior; 06-10-2015 at 05:55 PM..

Old 06-10-2015, 05:30 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,310,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
What a horribly cynical and twisted view you have in regards to practically every single facet of life here.

I live in a racially mixed neighborhood in NW DeKalb. None of the ridiculous things listed above apply here by any stretch.

I see your message as "you need to stay in you place, or else."
Awwww mannn.....Lady, I'm just too real for you.

You getting mad with me, when you should really be getting mad with the folks who've been faking the funk with you the whole time. Be they your friends, family, and associates.

How about you soak some of this hot truth I'm spitting and change the game for real?

So that maybe future generations won't have to endure the hellish horror that many people in this current world are enduring right now.

That's all I can say to you on this one.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:49 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,937,279 times
LOL!!! Guess again.

Faking the funk with me? Whatever, Mr. Racial Conspiracy.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:53 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,310,733 times
Quote:
LOL!!! Guess again.

Faking the funk with me? Whatever, Mr. Racial Conspiracy.
You know I'm drawing you in. You'll be back. I swear it.

You'll be baaaaack.

Old 06-10-2015, 06:36 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,163,005 times
Rep received for post back on page 5, will accept as affirmation of understanding what the OP wanted us to read.

Thanks, Rocco!

Last edited by Fubarbundy; 06-10-2015 at 06:37 PM.. Reason: mixed blessing

Old 06-10-2015, 07:21 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,038,285 times
Quote:

Don't you realize that all white people are the same? Not to mention that some of these guys are in their heads and know exactly what they are thinking.

I just can't (won't) get on board with the conspiracy theories about white people. It's ridiculous to judge people by the color of their skin - it's very 1950.

Last edited by JoeTarheel; 06-10-2015 at 07:54 PM..

Old 06-10-2015, 07:47 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,822,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarbundy View Post
I think the point of the, uh, narrative is that there seems to be a trend for cities like Atlanta offering opportunity to qualified candidates who are not from that city instead of, or more than the qualified candidates (or lack thereof) who are... is that a correct reading?
That's pretty much how I interpreted it as well. I am surprised because I thought the days of companies helping you relocate were over; perhaps they don't help though. It is somewhat of a kick in the teeth to hire a candidate from out of state when there are qualified candidates at home.

Since I moved here from out of state for a job, it may sound like a bit of hypocrisy, but jobs were a plenty back then. It is not really anything new as evidenced by the sheer quantity of transplants here. How many of your neighbors through the years were native Atlantans? Where did the natives go? It's like they benefited from reciprical actions in other areas. I do think that employers should have more of a preference for domestic versus imported until the economy completely recovers. After that, we can go back to business as usual.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:15 PM

787 posts, read 969,268 times
The problem with black people is that we think individually like white people but don't have the numbers, money, or power. When you are out numbered and over powered you have to be smart and stick together in order to survive, like the 300 movie. If we don't stick together, then we are surely doomed.
I recommend this DVD (see trailer below) talks about building black wealth, I've already ordered mine. I like the part where Dr. Boyce Watkins says..... a lot of us think as soon as we get a pay check our job is to go out and spend that check making Nike rich, you are the drug addict & somebody else is the drug pusher, wow!

https://youtu.be/Nv-W2A7rpUs

Last edited by Larry X; 06-10-2015 at 08:34 PM..

Old 06-10-2015, 08:48 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,527,077 times
Quote:

Are you white? Are you a white male? Acid Snake is pretty spot on and in my opinion he was being very gentle in that post. It was very politically correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta