Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 07:09 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,357,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
You didn't grasp what I said in my earlier post.

The increased foot traffic allows criminal to scout out places they want to rob. For home burglaries, they observe and figure out when people aren't at home, what type of security/dogs they have, and what they might have to steal. Then they come back at the appropriate time.

If there's no transit, there is less familiarity with the area and that makes it less of a target. Cul-de-sacs with no through car traffic have the same advantage.
By that logic, Moore's Mill and West Paces Ferry would be hotbeds of criminal activity. All sorts of traffic through those, as they're big cut-throughs from West Cobb to Buckhead. Yet, they are almost completely crime-free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 07:26 PM

39 posts, read 33,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttownfeen View Post
Says the person who uses a racial epithet as their username.
Hahaha.

Try to refute a single one of those points. You can't, because they are true. And statistics show us this to be true.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:38 PM

309 posts, read 718,002 times
I feel it would be as quixotic to argue with someone who makes classiest and bigoted arguments such as

Quote:
Poor people are much more likely to have an lower class culture and mannerisms. Inability to avoid conflict. Not caring about education. General public manners.
as it would be to try to get to Alpharetta from EAV in under 2 hours in rush hour traffic.

Old 09-02-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
I feel it would be as quixotic to argue with someone who makes classiest and bigoted arguments such as

as it would be to try to get to Alpharetta from EAV in under 2 hours in rush hour traffic.
You trying to say that white collar and blue collar workers aren't different?. I work everyday with engineers in the office and out in the field with the guys constructing it. They are two completely different groups of people. If you talk and act like a construction worker in the office you will be fired. If you act like an engineer out in the field, you will get no respect.

I have seen plenty of fist fights out in the field. I have NEVER seen a physical fight in the office. NEVER.

But you will deflect again because you have no argument because you know its true.

Let's check out Alpharetta's violent crime rate compared to College Park.

Last edited by dcredskins; 09-02-2015 at 09:39 PM..

Old 09-02-2015, 08:25 PM

309 posts, read 718,002 times
I used to work in the flooring manufacturing industry. There was no such difference between the engineers and management and the operators as you say is a given. Maybe the construction industry doesn't attract the highest caliber worker.

And I have no argument because you presented nothing but opinion, and based on your choice of username, you're not interested in anything but the knowing how awesome you are.

Old 09-02-2015, 08:43 PM

Quote:
I used to work in the flooring manufacturing industry. There was no such difference between the engineers and management and the operators as you say is a given. Maybe the construction industry doesn't attract the highest caliber worker.

And I have no argument because you presented nothing but opinion, and based on your choice of username, you're not interested in anything but the knowing how awesome you are.
That is a pretty impressive company then. I would say on a pretty wide range experience that is further from the norm.

Which one is an opinion?

1. Poor people are much more likely to commit crimes.

Fact based on violent crimes between rich and poor cities. Compare for instance, College Park and East Point to Alpharetta and Brookhaven. Or say the area right next to the stadium to Decatur.

2. Poor people are more likely to live in areas with mass transit.

Half of the threads on this board are people complaining that poor people need mass transit.

3. Since number one and number are true it makes number 3 true. So which one is an opinion? Poor cities have higher crime rates or poor people want to live near mass transit.

Ask any teacher whether the attitude and behavior of the students was the same in APS as it is in Cobb. My brother has taught in Baltimore City and Howard County MD and he said the difference was that the kids listened and behaved in Howard County.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:02 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,101,696 times
Oh Lawd Stereotypes

out........

Old 09-03-2015, 05:23 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,859,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcredskins View Post
I am going to break it down for the people who pretend not to understand the correlation of mass transit and crime/undesirable behavior.

1. Poor people are much more likely to commit crimes, especially violent crimes, than middle and upper class people. The worst areas in terms of crime in Atlanta are also the poorest.
2. Poor people are much more likely to live in areas with mass transit.
3. If you have no mass transit, then poor people are less likely to move there and thus you are less likely to have violent crime.

It's really that simple and I tend to believe people just don't want to accept those facts.

Bonus
1. Poor people are much more likely to have an lower class culture and mannerisms. Inability to avoid conflict. Not caring about education. General public manners.
2. Poor people are much more likely to live in areas with mass transit.
3. If you have no mass transit, then poor people are less likely to move there and thus your kids are less likely to adopt those cultures.

Now you guys can stop pretending that you don't know why middle class families don't want to be neighbors with the type of people from the Noisey Atlanta series. No one in their right mind would.
White people are more likely to steal millions of dollars and commit 'white collar' crimes.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:42 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,859,920 times
Default Cobb County asks state for $101M for transportation projects

Cobb requests $101 million in state funding for transportation projects
After luring the Braves away from Turner Field, Cobb County wants the taxpayers of the state to help pay for the 'bridge' over 285 and parking garage improvements. This bridge will not cost $9M, it'll be twice as much.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:44 AM

5,621 posts, read 5,933,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
White people are more likely to steal millions of dollars and commit 'white collar' crimes.
I keep my millions well hid. So well that I can't even find it. It's safe wherever it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta