Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2018, 11:23 AM

9,830 posts, read 7,211,766 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I guess. I was just thinking from an end of the line perspective, usually you have commuter parking.

The Moores Mill Transit Center at least should have lots of parking, for City of Atlanta and for parts of Vinings and Smyrna. As well as CobbLinc bus connection on Atlanta Rd, and MARTA bus from Bolton Rd and Defoors Ferry.

Also, what's great is that it would be connected to the Silver Comet trail extension just behind it. Connect the Comet.

Eventually, if there's enough demand and funds, the Green Line could be extended along Marietta Blvd, out to Moores Mill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 11:34 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,777,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Yeah, I guess. I was just thinking from an end of the line perspective, usually you have commuter parking.

The Moores Mill Transit Center at least should have lots of parking, for City of Atlanta and for parts of Vinings and Smyrna. As well as CobbLinc bus connection on Atlanta Rd, and MARTA bus from Bolton Rd and Defoors Ferry.

Also, what's great is that it would be connected to the Silver Comet trail extension just behind it. Connect the Comet.

Eventually, if there's enough demand and funds, the Green Line could be extended along Marietta Blvd, out to Moores Mill.
The End of Line stations you are thinking about are situated near freeways and major commuter routes. It makes sense for them to have thousands of parking spaces.

Old 01-05-2018, 06:47 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,335,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Bankhead and infill-Boone both can be neighborhood-level stations, with little to no parking, pedestrian access and bus bays. Extend Green Line, at grade or in trench, to future-Howell Junction Station (this site) would have ART bus service to the future Moores Mill Transit Center, via Marietta Blvd.
Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Z9...TG&usp=sharing
Do you have any info about this supposed Moore's Mill Transit Center, and where you think it is going?

Old 01-07-2018, 07:44 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,844,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Again, I fail to see what difference this would make to anyone not jumping in with concrete overshoes.
a lot of young kids sink. plus, the concrete overshoes you mention brings up a good point— a 300 foot deep quarry is a pretty good place to dump a body, too. not like they'll be able to send divers down all the time to search the bottom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Okay - what now? Only enforced on AAs?
a black guy with a 40 is going to get a lot more ***** from police than a white millennial with a PBR. that's because the second guy "looks good" for the neighborhood and the first guy doesn't... it's this country's history of issues against black people manifesting itself in the enforcement of the law.

Last edited by bryantm3; 01-07-2018 at 07:58 AM..

Old 01-07-2018, 08:25 AM

23,388 posts, read 43,891,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
a lot of young kids sink. plus, the concrete overshoes you mention brings up a good point— a 300 foot deep quarry is a pretty good place to dump a body, too. not like they'll be able to send divers down all the time to search the bottom.
The body dumping aspect did occur to me, but then an enterprising hit man could probably come up with more viable options than lugging a body 1/2 mile across public parkland with camera surveillance to dispose of it in a quarry.

Old 01-07-2018, 06:51 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,777,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
Do you have any info about this supposed Moore's Mill Transit Center, and where you think it is going?
No

Old 07-22-2018, 08:36 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,956,327 times
The city has been mighty silent with updates on Driller Mike's progress/Bellwood Quarry Park. It's been 7 months. No twitter updates, no news reports, NOTHING. Does anyone know anything?

Old 07-22-2018, 09:11 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,837,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
The city has been mighty silent with updates on Driller Mike's progress/Bellwood Quarry Park. It's been 7 months. No twitter updates, no news reports, NOTHING. Does anyone know anything?
I am somehow on the Dept Watershed Mgmt newsletter (guess since I am a CoA water customer), anyways, they usually have updates in there. Seems to be chugging along digging the tunnel.

The last update I saw from June 6th said: "The tunnel boring machine (TBM) has mined approximately 15,600ft. On average, the TBM mines approximately 60ft per day.

The TBM has reached the three mile mark. Two miles remaining."

Also this article from Friday noted:"Once drilling is complete (TBD), it’ll take up to three months for the reservoir to fill with water redirected from the river. "

Edit: And doing the math on that 60ft a day means it would take them about 6 months to go the remaining 2 miles. Which since that update was June 6th, we should now be 4-5 months from completion (end-of-the-year) if they have been moving along at that rate.

Last edited by jsvh; 07-22-2018 at 09:39 AM..

Old 07-22-2018, 10:06 AM

82 posts, read 81,519 times
Quote:

Gates leading into the north side of the park via Johnson Road were open one random weekend so I ( or someone else I may or may not know ) drove up road leading up to the entrance of the park, about a third of a mile deep. The beautification process has started and there are already 5 or 6 paved paths leading into the park. Grass looked like it's regularly maintenanced. Wasn't much driving space after that.

Last edited by 908kiddo; 07-22-2018 at 10:30 AM..

Old 07-22-2018, 11:43 AM

6,351 posts, read 11,899,338 times
Quote:
Just saw this article this morning. Could be completed and open sometime next year.

https://atlanta.curbed.com/2018/7/20...tennial-update
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta