Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 06:54 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,710,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I still cant understand why they would end the Route 191 at the international terminal and the marta station is at the domestic terminal. I dont think the airport wants that shuttle to be used as a Marta transfer.
Probably has to do with the future renovations planned for the terminal and they moved a lot of the APD cars into the former C-Tran parking space.

Easier to just use the International Terminal and ride back around via shuttle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2015, 07:25 AM

49 posts, read 75,291 times
Well, the new service starts today. Its going to be interesting seeing the reactions..

Old 08-10-2015, 07:03 AM

2,427 posts, read 2,477,520 times
4 new Routes in Clayton have offically Started, 7 Total now and first offical Work week and yes School week of service. Wondering how the new lines will fair out this week... Any news from the weekend startup

Old 08-10-2015, 07:07 AM

Interesting Story by the AJC from Friday..

MARTA expansion in Clayton smooth, wait for bus shelters not... | www.ajc.com

Old 08-10-2015, 10:40 AM

644 posts, read 1,430,821 times
I rode the 191 going northbound to the international terminal just for kicks and giggles.

MARTA did an excellent job of trying to notify people of the new routes.....people still got on the 191 thinking it was the 196. Do people not read!!!! It's on the front of the bus....then the automated voice tells you the destination.

It was 3:30 Sunday afternoon and 4 people mistakenly got on it. Maybe being from NY I have more common sense when it comes to public transportation. Even before the other bus routes I would always check the bus # just to make sure.

Anyway the bus was empty. The shuttle from international to domestic is small only sits like 10 people...and no standing so everyone else had to wait for the next one. It's about a 15 ride. I tracked the 196 with the app to compare times. Even though it came 35 mins after the 191 I would've gotten to east point 10 mins earlier. Factoring in that shuttle to domestic is the biggest turn off and will prolly not ride the 191 ever again. The 196 is still the best bus route especially now with 15 min headways att night!!

Old 08-10-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjam View Post
I rode the 191 going northbound to the international terminal just for kicks and giggles.

MARTA did an excellent job of trying to notify people of the new routes.....people still got on the 191 thinking it was the 196. Do people not read!!!! It's on the front of the bus....then the automated voice tells you the destination.

It was 3:30 Sunday afternoon and 4 people mistakenly got on it. Maybe being from NY I have more common sense when it comes to public transportation. Even before the other bus routes I would always check the bus # just to make sure.

Anyway the bus was empty. The shuttle from international to domestic is small only sits like 10 people...and no standing so everyone else had to wait for the next one. It's about a 15 ride. I tracked the 196 with the app to compare times. Even though it came 35 mins after the 191 I would've gotten to east point 10 mins earlier. Factoring in that shuttle to domestic is the biggest turn off and will prolly not ride the 191 ever again. The 196 is still the best bus route especially now with 15 min headways att night!!
Im pretty sure all of the new routes will pickup quickly once everyone learn the routes and how to navigate around the county and transfer from bus route to bus route... You can do some interesting traveling on marta now if you learn how to route plan. You can now go from Old National to Ellenwood to Decatur/ South Dekalb area with out ever getting on a Train now. Clayton State College to Lovejoy, GA. Ellenwood to Southlake Mall or the Airport. SE Atlanta to Southlake Mall. Decatur to Clayton County Justice Center, etc... Not too bad if they ever get protection from the elements

Old 08-11-2015, 12:40 AM

5,845 posts, read 6,157,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjam View Post

Reading is for people who actually want to get to their destination on time.

Quote:

I still, just...WTF were they thinking, ending the route at the international terminal and not one of the rail stations that is just a few miles away? Customer services' inbox is gonna be full with "feedback" regarding that decision...

Old 08-11-2015, 08:48 AM

49 posts, read 75,291 times
Right. It's fine (smart actually) to have a stop at the International Terminal, but I felt like if the bus was already at the airport, it should have just continued to the Airport station. That way it would be a proper gateway to the train system...

Old 08-16-2015, 06:32 PM

73 posts, read 91,301 times
There is a shelter at the Clayton State MARTA stop, along with a parking lot and garage. There is also a shelter at the old C-Tran stop at Morrow Walmart, but for some ridiculous reason MARTA is not using it.

Old 08-16-2015, 11:34 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,694,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lboy826 View Post
Right. It's fine (smart actually) to have a stop at the International Terminal, but I felt like if the bus was already at the airport, it should have just continued to the Airport station. That way it would be a proper gateway to the train system...
MARTA would run the route to terminate at College Park, since that's where all the other routes end, and it's actually set up for the buses. Airport Station is strictly a train station as far as I know. I do think you're right that the route should have gone on to College Park though, and that it seems like such a wasted option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta