Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 07:43 AM

2,412 posts, read 2,783,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnLBurks View Post
Most likely by tech square for one of us and the other maybe peachtree (near old fourth ward) or as far north as lenox park, so technically not downtown, but close.
Most any of the neighborhoods mentioned are nice-and it's just a matter of prefernce, but most of the suggestions are east/south-east neighborhoods and you probably could look a little further north/north-east as well. If you like that secluded feeling, there are streets in Lake Claire that back up to 40 acres of green space (Harold Ave is one--look on a map for others). I am guessing there are few other nice areas like that in neighborhoods (there are some in Morningside). It might be interesting/fun/informative to make a post asking for nice neighborhood streets in the city that back up to green-space.

Last edited by jeoff; 07-02-2015 at 07:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 12:59 AM

3,615 posts, read 7,774,612 times
Plenty of custom homes w/ 3 car garages in Smyrna/Vinings area in that price range. Not usually gonna get that without it being custom.

Proximity to Atlanta: Good. Plus, there's options which is always good. E.g. Marietta Blvd is our little secret. Shh don't tell other commuters.

Walkability: Mixed-use developments and great shopping all around, but you do have to drive or bicycle between them aside from a few within walking distance of each other.

For example:
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/19...14309415_zpid/
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/43...60837758_zpid/
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/42...14309316_zpid/
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/35...14312367_zpid/

Big yards can be tough to come by in Smyrna/Vinings. Not sure how much your dogs need but $800k-ish home in Smyrna/Vinings typically means more land as well, so you should be in decent shape at your price range.

Well, a couple above are more than $800k but maybe you can get them for $800k.

I'd start with the one on Spring Hill Rd in that $700ks if that's your kinda house style. I've driven by it in person and love it. Looks like a decent backyard. Basement access though - Smyrna/Vinings is hilly (Nothing $20k and a carpenter can't solve to get a staircase down from the deck). Can't beat the location either. Right off I-285.

Last edited by netdragon; 07-09-2015 at 01:17 AM..

Old 07-09-2015, 10:48 AM

3,615 posts, read 7,774,612 times
By the way, just so you don't think I'm crazy about $20k for the staircase from the deck on that home, I was assuming something extravagant, with a designer involved, that also integrates with the pool you'd be putting in. Obviously, you can do something much simpler for much less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta