Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 11:58 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
So thats the excuse...

Blacks and whites are never going to totally live in Harmony together.. Sometimes it pisses me off to see others talk about the downfall areas within the black Community, but never talk about the educated black elite people here in Atlanta..Nor are there ever any threads talking About some Caucasins and there nasty living habits and racial profiling. or The Nasty Ghetto trailer parks they live in. Thats the only problem I have. But because I love all people of all races and I know that every races has there issues I respect all class of people. One race is not greater than the other and all races have there mess....

P.S WHy would someone wanna create a thread like this one...
Not sure, but I was simply pointing out that you cant compare blacks and whites in terms of who does more of a particular thing when whites make up so much more of the population. Its not an apples to apples comparison.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:51 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,081,428 times
Quote:
So thats the excuse...

Blacks and whites are never going to totally live in Harmony together.. Sometimes it pisses me off to see others talk about the downfall areas within the black Community, but never talk about the educated black elite people here in Atlanta..Nor are there ever any threads talking About some Caucasins and there nasty living habits and racial profiling. or The Nasty Ghetto trailer parks they live in. Thats the only problem I have. But because I love all people of all races and I know that every races has there issues I respect all class of people. One race is not greater than the other and all races have there mess....
"Never" is a long time. Look at Star Trek.

More seriously, I think the downfall areas ... regardless of race ... are a cultural issue as much as anything else.

Look at the role models people in many of those areas have.

Are those role models positive?

Do they provide incentive for people to improve themselves?

Do they want to improve the status quo, or glorify it?

As long as it's cool to disrespect authority, as long as people thing it's okay to engage in certain types of isolationist behaviors (on all sides), and as long as people don't care about education, you're going to have conflict, boundaries, and a lack of advancement.

It doesn't matter who you're talking about.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:07 PM

32,021 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Quote:
Nor are there ever any threads talking About some Caucasins and there nasty living habits and racial profiling. or The Nasty Ghetto trailer parks they live in. Thats the only problem I have..
This shows some of my favorite white people.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?state=1&cat=29

Old 09-14-2010, 04:34 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,840,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
"Never" is a long time. Look at Star Trek.

More seriously, I think the downfall areas ... regardless of race ... are a cultural issue as much as anything else.

Look at the role models people in many of those areas have.

Are those role models positive?

Do they provide incentive for people to improve themselves?

Do they want to improve the status quo, or glorify it?

As long as it's cool to disrespect authority, as long as people thing it's okay to engage in certain types of isolationist behaviors (on all sides), and as long as people don't care about education, you're going to have conflict, boundaries, and a lack of advancement.

It doesn't matter who you're talking about.

People love mess thats all anything negative they feed off of it like vultures. Anything positive is not interesting or its boring.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:46 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,404,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
This shows some of my favorite white people.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?state=1&cat=29
lmao.. im gonna bite my tongue on this one

Old 09-14-2010, 09:22 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,155,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastATLGuy View Post
That's what i'm hearing people call areas such as Stone Mountain, Clarkston, Lithonia, Decatur(Outside The Perimeter), Ellenwood etc.or areas outside the perimeter. I didn't think that it could be possible, because suburbs are suppose to be nice and safe areas. I don't know what happened. Any comments?
Just out of curiosity, why did you primarily pick examples from Dekalb County? What about Norcross, Powder Springs, Austell, Jonesboro, Smyrna, and parts of Roswell? (and ironically, I singled out Cobb County here)

Old 09-14-2010, 09:41 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,840,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Just out of curiosity, why did you primarily pick examples from Dekalb County? What about Norcross, Powder Springs, Austell, Jonesboro, Smyrna, and parts of Roswell? (and ironically, I singled out Cobb County here)
Because these are predominately black middle class areas.. Then u know what goes on from there...

Old 09-15-2010, 04:30 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,404,404 times
You should already know the routine on here by now

Old 09-17-2010, 03:56 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,422,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
You have described the downfall of Clayton county to a tee!
Let go of things, already!!! (You sound homesick & like a broken record)

Quote:
So thats the excuse...

P.S WHy would someone wanna create a thread like this one...
For the same simple reasons:

1. Stir up controversy
2. Rile up the usual sides (black and white)

It never fails.

Want to get a high post thread? Put race, the word ghetto in it, and you have a recipe for disaster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta