Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 06:16 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,206,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Reed said he’s met once with the team’s new owners and repeated his willingness to consider a deal involving the use public funds.
I think I officially don't like Reed anymore. Not a 100% dislike, but more than dislike than like at this point.

Quote:
There’s do-nothing. There’s remodel. Or there’s a new arena,” Ressler said. “Do-nothing is not an option.”
It's like a sickness that is going around team owners. Come on. Just freshen up the place, minor remodel and it will look great. Just gotta have something new and shiny, with some help from the taxpayers. UGH

If it includes a hockey team, I will throw all these passionate views straight out the window. But we all know that's not going to happen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 06:28 PM

6,495 posts, read 6,075,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodean View Post
We'll take em here in Cobb.
After the reaming y'all got with the Braves the reaction would be priceless.

Old 07-23-2015, 06:33 PM

124 posts, read 204,875 times
I don't understand why atlanta is currently building another atlanta falcons stadium too replace the georgia dome. When there is nothing wrong with the georgia dome. Too me it seems like this new indoor stadium there building is going too be smaller than the current georgia dome to me it looks that way from the rendering pictures. But anyway what fooled me about the phillips arena is that i thought the seats went all around the top of the arena but one side of the arena is just hostapilty suites.

Old 07-23-2015, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusgametro View Post
I don't understand why atlanta is currently building another atlanta falcons stadium too replace the georgia dome. When there is nothing wrong with the georgia dome. Too me it seems like this new indoor stadium there building is going too be smaller than the current georgia dome to me it looks that way from the rendering pictures. But anyway what fooled me about the phillips arena is that i thought the seats went all around the top of the arena but one side of the arena is just hostapilty suites.
Because Arthur Blank is covering 85% of the construction cost. Planned capacity is similar to the Dome.

Old 07-23-2015, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
Because Arthur Blank is covering 85% of the construction cost. Planned capacity is similar to the Dome.
Yeah but from the rendering pics I had seen a while back of the inside it seems smaller than the georgia dome. I like the georgia dome I think they should keep it and where is atlanta getting all of this money too rebuild expensive arena's that are really not needed. The current georgia dome looks massive big inside compared too this new indoor football stadium there building for the falcons.

Old 07-23-2015, 06:43 PM

37,800 posts, read 41,557,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
Yeah, like right next door.
Of course but unfortunately, everything can't be right next door to MARTA.

Old 07-23-2015, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Yeah but from the rendering pics I had seen a while back of the inside it seems smaller than the georgia dome. I like the georgia dome I think they should keep it and where is atlanta getting all of this money too rebuild expensive arena's that are really not needed.
The public portion of the Falcons new stadium (capped at $200 million) is being funded by an existing hotel tax which is used to fund GWCCA facilities. The Braves stadium is being funded by them extorting homeowners out of their property tax fund.

Old 07-23-2015, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Of course but unfortunately, everything can't be right next door to MARTA.
Yet the current arena is literally 20 feet from a MARTA station entrance. Moving to Civic Center would be a traffic disaster for the O4W area.

Old 07-23-2015, 06:50 PM

I still think they should keep the georgia dome but heck what can anybody do. I heard there were plans too demolish the georgia dome once the new indoor stadium is built. There has been so many wonderful moment's inside that georgia dome but soon it will no longer exsist.

Old 07-23-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
I still think they should keep the georgia dome but heck what can anybody do. I heard there were plans too demolish the georgia dome once the new indoor stadium is built. There has been so many wonderful moment's inside that georgia dome but soon it will no longer exsist.
That's correct. There is no need to have two domed stadiums 80 feet from each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta