Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 11:19 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,831,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
Turner is not coming back through that door.
Yes that is probably true, unfortunately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 01:14 PM

559 posts, read 829,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red92s View Post
In addition to Chipper, the 2008 roster also included: Brian McCann, Mark Texiera, Jeff Francoeur, Tom Glavine, John Smoltz, and Tim Hudson. Think about how many people you still see at games wearing jerseys or shirts with those names on the back today. 7 years from now, how many people will be wearing a Johnny Gomes shirt, or a Markakis jersey to a game? Folks just had a lot more rooting interest in particular players back then compared to today. Between injuries, trades, and poor performance, the roster for the 2015 Braves has been in constant flux. I feel like as soon as I stop saying "who?" when they read off the starters for the night, the deck gets shuffled again.

Agree. I feel like this woman must want the Braves to move to Miami.

Overheard in recent Braves scouting meeting ...
"Most of these guys never had a prime. This guy is dead."

Old 10-05-2015, 05:35 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,615,366 times
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...ince-1990.html

Old 10-06-2015, 06:27 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,672,366 times
The Braves organization should feel fortunate to have even drawn 2 million plus to Turner Field this past season considering the mediocrity (I'm being charitable) of the on-field product & the head office that doesn't seem to know how to do anything other than regularly churn the player roster. It's apparent at this point that the out-of-state ownership truly could not even give a rat's pitooey about Atlanta & it's fans.
Mix that toxic potion all together & it comes across as a basic finger in the eye, especially to intown fans as the team enters it's twilight seasons of play at Turner Field.
Screw the organization & especially it's ownership who appear to be running the Braves as a clinic in how not to keep your fans interested.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:33 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,762,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
I can believe it, I was in attendance last Thursday night for the Nationals game and it was empty.
That what happens when you make a huge announcement that offends many intown fans and then put a poor product on the field. But all that will 'magically' change when they move to Cobb County.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:38 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,767,675 times
They were under 500 and people are shocked the attendance was low...............mmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 10-06-2015, 06:55 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,091,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
I can believe it, I was in attendance last Thursday night for the Nationals game and it was empty.
That what happens when you make a huge announcement that offends many intown fans and then put a poor product on the field. But all that will 'magically' change when they move to Cobb County.
I'm so past the Cobb move right now, not even salty about it anymore because at the end of the day that's my team and I will always root for them. My gripe with them at this point is the product that they are putting on the field. I get that we had to re stock our farm system but they guys they traded everyone away for are all average at best or past their prime players like the Cuban guy we got from the Dodgers. And with the talent and money the Nats have they will eventually put it together, even the Mets are getting pretty competitive. I dont really see this Braves team competing for a while. We may be in the basement of the NL East for the next decade or so. And something tells me when all is said and done we will be in the same position that the Miami Marlins are in now- A team with a joke of an owner who screws the locals at every turn. Hell we already there really

Old 10-06-2015, 06:56 AM

2,613 posts, read 4,127,682 times
I haven't taken my little niece to the game in a while but I am a bit turned off that they would move away from what is more of the true city of Atlanta given that they are the Atlanta Braves. That's a turnoff and at this point, I have no interest in going to see them. If they don't think more of Atlanta than why would they expect fans to come. Then Cobb fans don't feel they need to drive down probably because they are having everything placed at their doorsteps so they'll just catch the team in a bit in Cobb, I guess.

I'm kinda over them and I don't usually get involved in the sports bickering. I'm just over them leaving Turner Field for freaking Cobb County d*mn near Smyrna in "name only" Atlanta. They could have taken the team up to Alpharetta or East Cobb somewhere for that matter. What difference would it have made? How do you generate local support by throwing the middle finger to the city you are named for? I'm over it. We need another Atlanta team. LA has the Dodgers and the Clippers - how come we cannot have an Atlanta team? The Braves can become the Smyrna Braves. Screw 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post

Old 10-06-2015, 07:40 AM

5,618 posts, read 5,899,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelySummer View Post
I haven't taken my little niece to the game in a while but I am a bit turned off that they would move away from what is more of the true city of Atlanta given that they are the Atlanta Braves. That's a turnoff and at this point, I have no interest in going to see them. If they don't think more of Atlanta than why would they expect fans to come. Then Cobb fans don't feel they need to drive down probably because they are having everything placed at their doorsteps so they'll just catch the team in a bit in Cobb, I guess.

I'm kinda over them and I don't usually get involved in the sports bickering. I'm just over them leaving Turner Field for freaking Cobb County d*mn near Smyrna in "name only" Atlanta. They could have taken the team up to Alpharetta or East Cobb somewhere for that matter. What difference would it have made? How do you generate local support by throwing the middle finger to the city you are named for? I'm over it. We need another Atlanta team. LA has the Dodgers and the Clippers - how come we cannot have an Atlanta team? The Braves can become the Smyrna Braves. Screw 'em.
2 different sports. Perhaps you meant the LA Angels of Anaheim?

Anyway, this is my reminder that the 1990 Braves went .401 but next year went on to the World Series (lost in 7). The Astros had 3 consecutive 100 loss seasons and are now in the playoffs. The Rangers finished .414 last season but just won the AL West division this season. Were we really that spoiled that we can't handle a sub 500 season?

Old 10-06-2015, 07:42 AM

349 posts, read 779,834 times
People are just trolling at this point. They are so upset that the Braves are playing in another part of the metro that they just want to do anything they can to make them look bad. Other cities have teams in suburban areas as well. I mean look at the NY Jets and Giants. They don't even play in the same state yet every Sunday their stadium is packed. Get over it already people, geez.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta