Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 06:36 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,161,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Are you referring to when the streetcar turns left at Peachtree and Ellis? Do know that turn movements for the streetcar is controlled by it's own signal. Are you sure you didn't run a yellow light?
Will have to revisit on foot to determine how the lights operate, but yeah, more than likely must have "squeezed the lemon" there, if not worse...

After waiting full cycle for the red to change with the streetcar right next to me, may have even gone through without actually seeing my light change (just expecting it to), simply because the streetcar started to go through. Dumb of me not to see and know the streetcar turned there, and wait for it to do so. Being in a hurry didn't help. Again, will know better next time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 06:40 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,759,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
Talking on the phone while driving downtown is a deathwish.
Walking while talking on the phone is just about as bad.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:52 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,849,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarbundy View Post
Will have to revisit on foot to determine how the lights operate, but yeah, more than likely must have "squeezed the lemon" there, if not worse...

After waiting full cycle for the red to change with the streetcar right next to me, may have even gone through without actually seeing my light change (just expecting it to), simply because the streetcar started to go through. Dumb of me not to see and know the streetcar turned there, and wait for it to do so. Being in a hurry didn't help. Again, will know better next time.
Please follow the link: https://www.google.com/maps/@33.7583...!6m1!1e1?hl=en
The small, 2-light signal next to the Streetcar Crossing sign is the Streetcar Signal. It tells the operator when it is safe to turn left. It will allow the operator to move, when all other signals are red. It was most likely covered by the height of the streetcar.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:42 AM

3,615 posts, read 7,774,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetar View Post
without the extra layer of sexism on top, Mr. Trump.
Some "male or female example of Darwin's theory". Let's keep republican politics out of this thread.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:02 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,818,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
No different than getting hit by a bus.
I agree with this. I don't get what the crisis is that makes the streetcar any more dangerous to pedestrians. As far as any of it goes, I'd be more concerned about gettting mashed up by a car when I was trying to cross the street on foot or by vehicle.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:23 AM

150 posts, read 152,202 times
Seems like too many people live in fear. If you live in fear, just stay inside, oh wait CO poisoning can happen inside. You're not safe anywhere. Get over it.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:25 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,849,415 times
Still more likely to die in a car crash.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:52 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,374,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Still more likely to die in a car crash.
By far!

Old 08-10-2015, 09:04 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,259,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netdragon View Post
Some "male or female example of Darwin's theory". Let's keep republican politics out of this thread.
You made the decision to use a gendered insult, kiddo. I just call 'em like I see 'em.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:53 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,519,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripTychTwo View Post
3:45 on a beautiful Saturday and you are trolling public transportation on CD yet again? Don't you have a child to leave behind the Marta gate or something? Or anything better to do then worry about things that will never affect you in rural West Cobb? Or is this the extent of activities happening in the exburbs today?
wow Trip...you sound really angry? Is Netdragon really trolling?? They have a long post history than you...im just saying man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta