Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 03:36 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,769,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
This all has already been covered: //www.city-data.com/forum/38709075-post44.html
So you're primary argument here is if you said it another thread, it must be true?

That doesn't seem like much to go on.

Aubie, here is the way I see it. There are some people who want things to be done only their way and they will be regional if things only happen their way. They're present in some parts of the Cobb crowd and they are present in parts of the intown crowd that are guilty of this.

There are also a number of people who don't care or actually care about the whole region and think the divisive people who pick one side and bicker back and forth are all twits regardless of where they are from on both sides of the river. Some people just need an enemy to bicker about.

The problem with the divisive camp is they often label and generalize everybody across the river and harm the region far more than they ever help it.

Old 08-13-2015, 04:00 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,314,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
So you're primary argument here is if you said it another thread, it must be true?

That doesn't seem like much to go on.

Aubie, here is the way I see it. There are some people who want things to be done only their way and they will be regional if things only happen their way. They're present in some parts of the Cobb crowd and they are present in parts of the intown crowd that are guilty of this.

There are also a number of people who don't care or actually care about the whole region and think the divisive people who pick one side and bicker back and forth are all twits regardless of where they are from on both sides of the river. Some people just need an enemy to bicker about.

The problem with the divisive camp is they often label and generalize everybody across the river and harm the region far more than they ever help it.
Excellent summary.

Old 08-13-2015, 04:12 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,872,781 times
Quote:
Nope. My primary argument is a series of direct quotes and events from the near and far past of Cobb County leadership supporting their strong anti-Atlanta attitude.

I am sure there are some in Cobb that don't feel that way. But to date there have not been enough in Cobb to elect decent leaders. But I welcome the day that changes and Cobb decides to join the broader Atlanta region.

Old 08-13-2015, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Nope. My primary argument is a series of direct quotes and events from the near and far past of Cobb County leadership supporting their strong anti-Atlanta attitude.

I am sure there are some in Cobb that don't feel that way. But to date there have not been enough in Cobb to elect decent leaders. But I welcome the day that changes and Cobb decides to join the broader Atlanta region.
No offense man.... You're much more anti-cobb, than I have heard many be anti-Atlanta in a long time.

If you want to hand pick a few arguments from twits, they're always some... but by and large you're just turning Cobb into a boogey-man and its getting old...

Old 08-13-2015, 05:00 PM

32,020 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Cobb has certainly had its less than stellar moments but leave us not forget that the city of Atlanta has had many backwoods-worthy episodes of its own.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:02 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,872,781 times
Quote:
No offense man.... You're much more anti-cobb, than I have heard many be anti-Atlanta in a long time.

If you want to hand pick a few arguments from twits, they're always some... but by and large you're just turning Cobb into a boogey-man and its getting old...
Oh, I am anti-Cobb now. At least until they change. I have no problem owning that. I am sorry it is old to you, but this is not a sentiment shared by me alone or one that shows any signs of going away soon. So you better get used to it.

And no, unfortunately it is not a few obscure "twits" in Cobb, it is the norm coming from Cobb leadership. Those quotes are from some of Cobb's highest ranking elected officials.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:07 PM

See everyone... twits are on both sides of the river....

Old 08-13-2015, 05:15 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,237,327 times
Woohooo! Glad they are out of the way.

The future is for that area is much more exciting without them.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:18 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,237,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Cobb has certainly had its less than stellar moments but leave us not forget that the city of Atlanta has had many backwoods-worthy episodes of its own.
This is very true.

I think I have given Cobb a harder time because I know they know better. The Braves deal was a step in the wrong direction as far as ethical government goes, and as a someone who may or probably not move there in the future, I don't like it.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:24 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,692,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Woohooo! Glad they are out of the way.

The future is for that area is much more exciting without them.
Damn straight!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta