Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 10:32 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,784,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Yep, I have to spread it around!

I don't care if anybody ever thinks Avalon is great or feels like driving up to Mall of Georgia, or whatever....

But I can't wait until the hype wears off and the general population of Atlanta realizes that Krog Street Market, in fact, sucks.

I don't think I'll have to wait long. Judging by how Ponce City Market is coming along, it looks like it will quickly overshadow Krog. I have faith that the invisible hand will ultimately work and $10 chocolate bars and $4.50 sides of fries will be a laughable shadow of the past.

Does anybody know if Ponce is going to implement the same ridiculous styled eateries? The food court looks much bigger. I anticipate at least one provider will decide to compete at least somewhat on price and help stabilize things. I've noticed over the past few months that more and more people are beginning to agree with my notion that Krog Street is complete rip off and totally overrated.

Where do you live? Probably OTP

KSM wasn't made for people in the suburbs. It was made for in-town people. It was made for people in East Atlanta. It was made for people walking the Beltline. It was made to compliment PCM. It wasn't made for you Burger King eating, SUV driving, thinking Applebee's is a 5 star restaurant having, strip mall loving, chain restaurants everywhere loving people in the burbs. You all are welcomed to come but it isn't geared towards you. Just admit that everything isn't catered to everyone. Maybe you should just stick to Cook-Out? They have cheap burgers and shakes. Go to McDonalds and get a happy meal. Hell go play with the toy in the happy meal while you are sitting in traffic getting home.

KSM is not overhyped. It's a freaking food hall. It's a building that has food. You are acting like dinosaurs were supposed to be walking around there. You are acting like monkeys should have been swinging on the trees in there and eating bananas. How can a food hall be overhyped??? It's a freaking food hall! Stick to those hot wing places on Old National and leave the real eating to us

Last edited by afdinatl; 08-19-2015 at 10:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 11:16 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,292,503 times
Keep in mind, KSM is right in between Rathbun's and Rathbun's Steak, both of which are more expensive than any restaurant at KSM. So, for the area, KSM's prices are on the lower end.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:42 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,859,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Lot of variety there. Thanks for the link.

I think Krog is fine. But it really is a high end mall food court.
Which is why I am more excited about Atlanta Dairies.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:49 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,640,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post

KSM wasn't made for people in the suburbs. It was made for in-town people. It was made for people in East Atlanta. It was made for people walking the Beltline. It was made to compliment PCM. It wasn't made for you Burger King eating, SUV driving, thinking Applebee's is a 5 star restaurant having, strip mall loving, chain restaurants everywhere loving people in the burbs. You all are welcomed to come but it isn't geared towards you. Just admit that everything isn't catered to everyone. Maybe you should just stick to Cook-Out? They have cheap burgers and shakes. Go to McDonalds and get a happy meal. Hell go play with the toy in the happy meal while you are sitting in traffic getting home.

KSM is not overhyped. It's a freaking food hall. It's a building that has food. You are acting like dinosaurs were supposed to be walking around there. You are acting like monkeys should have been swinging on the trees in there and eating bananas. How can a food hall be overhyped??? It's a freaking food hall! Stick to those hot wing places on Old National and leave the real eating to us
yikes

Old 08-19-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:

Whoa, why did you have to put down Cook Out?

Old 08-19-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Whoa, why did you have to put down Cook Out?

I wasn't. Just telling the truth. He said KSM was expensive so I recommended a cheaper alternative

Old 08-19-2015, 12:07 PM

BTW, this isn't a bash toward OTP'ers. Im just bored

Old 08-19-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
I wasn't. Just telling the truth. He said KSM was expensive so I recommended a cheaper alternative
That is delicious.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:11 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,054,003 times
That post made my day!!!!

Old 08-19-2015, 12:13 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,928,191 times
Quote:
It wasn't made for you Burger King eating, SUV driving, thinking Applebee's is a 5 star restaurant having, strip mall loving, chain restaurants everywhere loving people in the burbs.
If this isn't bashing the burbs, then what would you call it? This is pretty damn arrogant, in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta