Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 04:50 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Owning a house in a bad school district makes it tougher to sell your first house when looking to upgrade.
Actually, it worked fine for me with a fair to middlin' district. However this doesn't sound like a "bad" school district. It sounds a bit better than many.

My first house was in a lack luster district. We stayed their for seven years, and while it did not appreciate to the degree that a home in a place with more "buzz" may have, we still made 75 thousand dollars. Not too shabby.

Had we rented in one of those places with "buzz' that never would have happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 05:04 PM

73 posts, read 91,237 times
Yes, Clayton Schools are good. Like all public school systems, there is always room for improvement. They have to teach the students sent to them. You know, the parents aren't keeping their best kids at home and sending the others to school. I know several teachers who left to teach in a neighboring system for a year and couldn't wait to get back.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:46 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,217,346 times
Definitely need more people living south of town. When that happens, the entire town will feel bigger, and maybe we'll finally FINALLY get some chains to move south of I-20.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:59 AM

1,151 posts, read 1,308,695 times
Morrow Schools - Morrow, GA | GreatSchools

The high school and middle school don't seem as great.

Old 01-26-2016, 12:11 AM

11 posts, read 13,032 times
I am an older millennial (early 30's) who bought my first house in Morrow almost 2 years ago and I can honestly say it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I have expounded on the gloriousness of Morrow in other posts, so I won't repeat the rant here, but its really insanely overlooked as a great place to live. It's so close to Atlanta, easy to get in and out of, has lots of solid low key dining options for weekday takeout variety. One of every major grocery store, easy access to every part of Atlanta. When I want to go out I'm going out in Atlanta anyway, so thats not even a factor. Everybody has it in their head that its gonna be so ridiculously far out, but every time people come over they talk about how they never realized how close this is, without fail.

I do feel like Morrow is really missing the boat on not promoting it as a great commuter city for millennials.

Old 01-30-2016, 03:56 AM

73 posts, read 91,237 times
I agree with you. Morrow is a great place.

Old 01-30-2016, 07:07 AM

2,306 posts, read 2,992,349 times
All the millenials moving to Morrow--well, I could live with that! They could put bike lanes all up and down the middle of Main St., Morrow. We could stop trying to mess with Peachtree . . .and everyone would be happy. I think this is a great idea! I second Morrowman's invitation. Please, Millenials, consider moving to MORROW tomorrow!!!!

Old 01-30-2016, 08:20 AM

4,209 posts, read 4,741,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlJan View Post
All the millenials moving to Morrow--well, I could live with that! They could put bike lanes all up and down the middle of Main St., Morrow. We could stop trying to mess with Peachtree . . .and everyone would be happy. I think this is a great idea! I second Morrowman's invitation. Please, Millenials, consider moving to MORROW tomorrow!!!!
So what's the hidden agenda?

Old 01-30-2016, 09:03 AM

5,621 posts, read 5,930,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Probably just to curb the overcrowding elsewhere in the city.

Old 01-31-2016, 07:08 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,375,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
To move to a nice place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta