Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2015, 02:55 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,744,007 times

Advertisements

My first impression of South Fulton hasn't been a good one. This is a list of things that could be better. I will be comparing to Clayton a lot. Ok, let's start with the schools. Administration isn't very helpful at all and a lot of times it doesn't seem like they're doing their jobs. It took two weeks for Banneker's administration to change schedules and they still haven't finished them all. There is always a long line of students wanting to see councilors that hide in their office all day. They don't offer many of the gifted programs that Clayton does (such as taking high school courses in 8th grade). They operate on a confusing block schedule ( no days for all classes, just an alternating a-b schedule). The technology and text resources are old and falling apart ( Clayton invests in new technology and textbooks each year). The most glaring thing though is the administration, it just seems like they just don't care about the students.

Not everything is bad about Fulton schools. The transportation department is amazing ( Clayton has bus delays nearly every other day). The lack of uniforms and strict rules on phones can also be seen as good to some people. Finally, the facility is really good. (Clayton doesn't build new schools often, they just renovate). But I would love to see money spent on better administration. End rant. ( I know this may not be a description of the entire system, so I would love to hear other's experiences)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 08:38 AM

73 posts, read 91,272 times
Clayton's schools continue to improve because we have a great superintendent and school board chair. The charter and magnet schools are first class. We can't fairly be compared to Fayette because we have a larger number of lower income families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: