Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2010, 04:39 PM

504 posts, read 1,538,739 times

Advertisements

I sat next to Stic.man from Dead Prez on a plane ride back from LA to Atlanta. (if you don't know who they are, they did the song "Hip Hop" that Dave Chappelle used as an intro to his Comedy Central show.) He was super cool to talk to for a few hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 04:39 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,366,874 times
All I will say is that I was downtown last night and many folks, possibly on this board saw me!

Old 04-13-2010, 07:53 PM

7 posts, read 15,747 times
I saw a couple of celebs in Target. I didn't take a picture of them either, just to let them live a normal life.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:07 AM

Location: Semmes, AL (recently & temporarily relocated from Washington, DC & looking to move to ATL soon)
2 posts, read 4,864 times
First and foremost, who's going to actually walk around snapping pics of "celebs" to prove your sightings of them like u caught in a bad romance (stalker)! Are u serious!!!!!! WHO CARES.........THEY ARE NORMAL PPL LIKE U & I that makes more money than the average "You & I" but with mo' problems! Taking nothing away from what they have accomplished/obtained through hard work, commitment and dedication but goodness....let them people live their life as some people just go TOO overboard! See them, if the circumstances permit, acknowledge and keep it moving.

Now, to give my take on meeting the "celebs" a while back (during my previous visits--ironically as I am in the process of relocating there) and here is how the events all unfolded in one day!

Saw Luda, Andre & Chili in Lenox Square Mall

Saw/Spoke to Jay-Z (my boo) & his entourage (w/Beanie Sigel) in the Westin Peachtree (where I was staying during the visit & Jay-Z was actually having a party there the same night that I saw him)

Then spotted LisaRaye going up the escalator (as I was going down) to the party and I made a statement that I should party with her--she heard and kindly said "Sure, why not you can come party w/me!" invited me and my sisters to hang w/her & her crew. All I can say is that she is one of the most coolest & beautiful (inside & out) person that you could ever meet.

Following, went next door to this club by the hotel, JD (J. Dupri) was trying to solicit us to come in and I was giving "Is it For Free? Otherwise, PEACE dude!"

Then set out to fulfill my quest in finding a meal, bite, appetizer, snack, something......as I was extremely famished by now (3AM) and ALL places in the downtown area of Peachtree was closed (of course)! After walking & walking & walking finally....found a place where the lights were bright and proceeded to see what was open; all to discover that I walked on the set (literally) while Cuba Gooding, Jr. was filming...he laughed and stated to me "You do realize that we are in the middle of filming) I looked @ him like "Dude, I'm just trying to get to a good meal of some sort that's all) I laughed w/him, apologized and informed him that I was just looking for a place that was open and thought that was one of them.

All-in-all, it was a great day and most importantly in the end, I found a spot that was open @ 4 am and served some "yummy" food...(LOL)!

Old 05-18-2010, 09:43 AM

1,885 posts, read 3,382,487 times
Default Oops...

Dangitt, I completed a search to make sure this thread wasn’t duplicated but I didn’t include the word “sightings”. At any rate, I’ve personally run into Usher with Jason Weaver and Tichina Arnold at Lenox Mall, T-Boz (TLC Leader) on Spring Street, Jazzy Pha (Hip-Hip Producer) on 14th headed toward Midtown, The Real Housewives of Atlanta’s NeNe Leakes at Atlanta International Airport and last but certainly not least- the late Notorious BIG and his entourage at South Dekalb Mall before his untimely demise. I love how celebs obviously feel really comfortable in Atlanta; I think the residents are pretty darn well used to it. I’ve never noticed any crowds starting to form or anything like that.

Last edited by NorthDeKalb; 05-18-2010 at 10:44 AM..

Old 05-18-2010, 10:00 AM

2,590 posts, read 4,510,198 times
I've seen Neal Boortz who I guess can be considered a local celebrity. I served Lance Armstrong a couple beers.

Honestly I haven't seen that many celebrities in Atlanta considering how long I've lived here. I must admit that I don't watch tv regularly and I'm not huge into hip hop and r&b so I may be constantly crossing paths with celebrities and i'm just not aware of it.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:01 PM

4,573 posts, read 7,471,549 times
Haven't seen them in person, but I've seen photos of Kim Kardashian partying at Primal.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:26 AM

13 posts, read 32,537 times
Gucci Mane, Waka Flocka, Trey Songz, T.I., Jon Geezy, Block, Maceo, and many others in the South Dekalb area DaSIC900blk-RedanRD

Old 07-04-2010, 01:49 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,797,639 times
Fun thread!

I have never seen a celeb (other than in concert), but have many second-hand sightings.

When I lived in Woodstock, my neighbor was on the building crew for Extreme Home Makeover. It was the one where Ty Pennington had appendicitis, and was directing from his laptop in the hospital. But he did show up toward the end, and he patted my friend Doug on the shoulder as he passed by him and said "How ya doing?".

I recently found out he went to one of my rival highschools - Sprayberry. I'm a Lassiter grad. He's a few years older than me, but it's possible that I could have passed him in a crowd at a football game, since my freshman year, Sprayberry was our home field (ours wasn't built, yet). Eh... who knows?

Ditto for Julia Roberts at Campbell High, also a few years older than me.

My ex-husband saw Usher at a Subway in Gwinnett County, somewhere.

When I was in highschool, my dad sat in a hot tub with Glenn Burns (WSB weatherman) in a gym off Sandy Plains Rd (forget what it was called, back then, but I think it's now something completely different)

I crashed my car into the ditch in Lester Maddox's front yard when I first learned to drive. That was kind of embarrassing.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:11 PM

225 posts, read 545,416 times
Denzel Washington @ Etowah High School while they were filming Remember the Titans. I was driving away from applying to be an extra in the stands & he was walking (alone) and waved when I said "Hey Denzel"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta