U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2010, 11:16 AM

1,845 posts, read 3,931,762 times

Advertisements

" Celebrities " . Who cares ?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 12:05 PM

30,651 posts, read 29,218,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Exactly the reason they're comfortable here, we fly under TMZ's radar.

Elton John was quoted many times in the past on this being one of the main reasons he established a second home here. We tend to leave them alone, and it's appreciated greatly.
I agree! A gentleman in my hood is an internationally renowned musician who fills up arenas but he is absolutely entitled to his privacy. In my opinion that shows we're a grown up city.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:40 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,361,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
" Celebrities " . Who cares ?
Well, apparently some of us find the topic interesting, since this thread is 14 pages long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lQQkin4fulltime View Post
Denzel Washington @ Etowah High School while they were filming Remember the Titans. I was driving away from applying to be an extra in the stands & he was walking (alone) and waved when I said "Hey Denzel"
I remember that! My Grandma said that her friend's grandson was an extra in that movie, and was standing right next to Denzel Washington, but had no idea who he was!

Huge fan of Elton John. I've been to all but one of his concerts in Atlanta in the last 20 years. I remember when he had Elton's Closet at Lenox (I think?), my ex-husband called in sick to work, and went out there. Of course, he was busted when he was shown standing in line on tv! There wasn't much left by the time he got in, at least nothing that he could afford, but he did get a pair of shoes and a cap that says "BOY". I told him not to wear that in public...

Old 07-05-2010, 03:07 PM

2 posts, read 4,262 times
I don't live in Atlanta yet, I'm moving in a couple of months. Anyway, the last time I was there we saw Cedric the Entertainer and Floyd Mayweather. My ex, met Janet Jackson the last time he was out there but that's only because he was with his NBA client.

Old 07-05-2010, 03:24 PM

123 posts, read 350,498 times
Yep. When i was 14, I went to Usher's little bro's b-day party. Usher was there. I have seen the late Left Eye in tower records. She was with her brother and she did not seem to be too friendly, she rolled her eyes at my sister and I, lol. I have seen Chili from TLC about 2 months ago in Perimeter Mall. She walked through the food court. I saw rapper Fabolous in Lenox Mall last year. I went to some cd signing when I was younger and seen the likes of Monica, 112, but I am too old for that. I think if you hang in like atlantic station, or buckhead, you are going to see at least one celeb.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:32 PM

123 posts, read 269,417 times
I saw Al Sharpton at Justin's. He was there with his family having dinner. We sat right next to them. He was very nice. He spoke to us. LOL. Even had bodyguards with him.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,347 times
Andre 3000 sighting in Atlanta on Christmas Day 2010 at Waffle House with his Asian girlfriend.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:33 PM

4,688 posts, read 7,003,011 times
Bobby Brown in Atlantic Station
Allen Iverson at Phillps Plaza
Young Jeezy at Lenox
Megan Good- Downtown
Ciara-Lenox
etc etc etc

too many to name

Old 12-25-2011, 06:22 AM

4,688 posts, read 7,003,011 times
@ allenk. Me and my friends.see.just about everybody that you see on tv. We see so many of them that it isn't a big deal after a while. I see TI, ludacris, Allen iverson, young Jeezy, Dr.J, jazzy pha,neyo, and darn near every Atl hip hop artist anywhere in the city. They are like regular people. Only person. I seen with a bodyguard was T I but that was because of the trouble he been in but he will still speak to u,etc. I see plenty of nfl stars but the average person would not know who they are because they have on helmets covering their face during games. I would say that Atlanta is ranked 3rd in celebrities behind ny and la

Old 12-25-2011, 02:10 PM

1,811 posts, read 2,694,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
I would say that Atlanta is ranked 3rd in celebrities behind ny and la
If so, it's a distant third. Those cities don't need to pad their lists of celebrities with names like "jazzy pha" and "neyo".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta