Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 05:40 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,375,951 times

Advertisements

ATT has served me reliably throughout Atlanta, South Georgia, the North Georgia Mountains and the Caribbean. Never a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 09:17 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,819,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsthejam View Post
Where do you live?
Midtown

The person I know who is having the problem lives in Dunwoody.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:08 AM

84 posts, read 105,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmereEsquire View Post
I was ATT and VZW for the last 10+ yrs, but have had Tmobile going on a yr and a half and they have improved A TON. Tmobile just isnt good in the boonies, but even then they have improved its just on highways you may be out of luck depending on where you are but it works perfectly in every city I have been to.
You hit the nail on the head there! That's just the thing about T-mobile, you have to live in the city limits and not out and away in order for it to work with no trouble. I'm outside the perimeter and not in the center where service is always great around Buckhead, Downtown/Midtown etc. It also works great in other large cities, but getting it to work in say Lawrenceville or Douglasville, it is very spotty. :/

Old 09-09-2015, 06:30 PM

253 posts, read 303,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsthejam View Post
You hit the nail on the head there! That's just the thing about T-mobile, you have to live in the city limits and not out and away in order for it to work with no trouble. I'm outside the perimeter and not in the center where service is always great around Buckhead, Downtown/Midtown etc. It also works great in other large cities, but getting it to work in say Lawrenceville or Douglasville, it is very spotty. :/
I Frequent Kennesaw and PEachtree City and it works perfectly in those areas. So I guess it's just hit or miss, I dont know when last you tried Tmobile but its literally NIGHT AND DAY difference than what it was 2 yrs ago. They have a Test drive program where you can use an iphone free for 7 days to test their service out, I would look into it if I were you just to get an idea. Also Tmobile has Wifi Calling which does wonders, but doesnt really help if we are talking about being on the road.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:17 PM

561 posts, read 780,531 times
This isn't relevant totally to Atlanta, but I just went on a road trip with my friend from ATL to Cincinnati. During the trip, I had to take over Pandora streaming duty several times on my Verizon phone since their T-Mobile service took a dump on I-75 in North GA and again in Tennessee.

On the way back, we just used my phone the entire time to avoid the hassle. Both were iPhones BTW.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:32 AM

253 posts, read 303,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossberg View Post
This isn't relevant totally to Atlanta, but I just went on a road trip with my friend from ATL to Cincinnati. During the trip, I had to take over Pandora streaming duty several times on my Verizon phone since their T-Mobile service took a dump on I-75 in North GA and again in Tennessee.

On the way back, we just used my phone the entire time to avoid the hassle. Both were iPhones BTW.
What I usually do if I`m traveling somewhere rural is just get a Verizon prepaid sim card, since I am rarely in anywhere rural though its a waste of money for me to have their service full time. Their LTE network is deteriorating and for Tmobile I pay 100 bucks for two lines with unlimited data on each while I would be paying about 140-160 to get a 10 or 12 gb plan with VZW.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:09 AM

84 posts, read 105,792 times
Interesting to hear the differences in everyones experience with At&t and Verizon. I'll do a prepaid trial run with Verizon first and see how I like it. I've heard better things about it over At&t in the area that I live in and from friends. I'm curious to see how it does in buildings. Tmobile dead zones a lot in buildings.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:35 AM

3,708 posts, read 5,982,315 times
AT&T essentially doesn't work in a few areas, such as East Atlanta Village and Inman Park Village. But I think all of them have their issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta