Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 10:11 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
SMH at this FREAKNIK CHAOS

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/m...ta-fights.html

Really Atlanta??? really? People need to stop claiming Black Mecca and claim HOOD Mecca....Where is Mutiny??
Why am I being summoned????

And why are you going berserk over something that's not even close to being an everyday occurrence in Atlanta????

Geesh...get a grip dude.

Old 09-08-2015, 10:26 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,786,880 times
In every city you will see teenagers of all races being disruptive and obnoxious. In Atlanta alone I've seen white teens create just as much of a nuisance as the black ones.

Kids are stupid and large groups of them amplifies the stupidity. When has this ever not been the case?

Old 09-08-2015, 10:39 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,522,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
This is no worse than riding the drunk train home from a Braves game and having to deal with all the frat guys being loud and disrespectful. Not giving their seats up for ladies.
Soon we wont have to worry about those types, but no telling what the ATLUTD crowd will bring in. Not only will many be drunk and load, many wont speak english.

Old 09-08-2015, 11:15 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,910,554 times
You guys be complaining about the craziest stuff when it comes to Marta .. Try riding MTA on weekends and holidays as a tourist. When trains are running on what ever schedule and are sometimes 20 mins late. Are being stuck on the train for an hour because train derailed or someone is sick etc.

Old 09-08-2015, 11:21 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,910,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeStudentinAtl View Post
Yesterday was pretty terrible when it came to teenagers on the train! I am usually not bothered about teenagers being kids but those teenagers had to be the most disrespectful, loud mouth teenagers I have every came across on Marta. They were cussing, clowning, rowdy, singing excessively loud, pants were you can see there butts and prints & some did not bother to put deodorant or soap on. I had to hold my breathe sitting next to one of them. One was pushing another one so that she can bump into the passengers exiting and leaving. I felt pretty uncomfortable and I never feel uncomfortable around passengers esp not teens.

Nevertheless; It still will not deter me from riding Marta.

I think we need a program for teens about how to properly behave in a social setting!
Well don't ride MTA in NY because it's worse.

Old 09-08-2015, 11:30 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
In every city you will see teenagers of all races being disruptive and obnoxious. In Atlanta alone I've seen white teens create just as much of a nuisance as the black ones.

Kids are stupid and large groups of them amplifies the stupidity. When has this ever not been the case?
Thank you.

Old 09-08-2015, 11:35 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,137,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
Yall worried about fighting in UA when 5 people were killed and 12 people shot in Charlotte this weekend and 46 people shot in Chicago and 8 were shot and killed
I rode the CTA all weekend and never once felt in danger on it or in downtown Chicago and all of those shootings were in the usual Southside and Westside neighborhoods after dark.

Old 09-08-2015, 11:51 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,522,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post

And why are you going berserk over something that's not even close to being an everyday occurrence in Atlanta????

Geesh...get a grip dude.
I have a grip, why are your people terrorizing our transit system? I was just curious about your feedback about the MECCA. Its not an everyday thing because Marta doesnt do it everyday. I wish you would make your people behave man. Thats all im saying bro.

Old 09-08-2015, 11:52 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,130,450 times
Well, I can say that things are back to normal on MARTA today. Also, as for the Sunday schedule thing, I wonder how much of that can be attributed to the fact that Labor Day is a national holiday and most workers are off. Maybe that's why a regular weekday schedule could not be run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post

Geesh...get a grip dude.
Seriously. This is the first time I've heard of a "Freaknik riot" in Atlanta since, well, Freaknik was around...and that was years ago. This is the first time I've heard of a "Freaknik riot" taking place anywhere near MARTA, so no, this is nowhere near being a regular occurrence.

- skbl17

Old 09-08-2015, 11:56 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,784,018 times
Don't feed the trolls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: