Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 11:55 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,921,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
Im not the type that likes going back and forth. If you think HC doesn't need MARTA then so be it
Dude you've got it backward: MARTA does not need Henry County! As I said before, there is no way in hell that a bus or rail line that far south could pay for itself. Commuter rail? Yes! The DC Metro only has 2 lines that extend outside the Beltway -- which is roughly the same size as our Perimeter. From there, the system ties into commuter rail. It's the same in Chicago, Boston, New York, Philadelphia ... NO RAPID RAIL (subway) TRANSIT SYSTEM IN THE COUNTRY HAS LINES GOING AS FAR OUT AS HENRY COUNTY!

As several people have stated already, it's in MARTA's best interest to pursue expansion within the core 5 counties, serving the greatest number of potential users and linking the metro's biggest job centers.

Does Henry County need MARTA? No. Absolutely no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 05:15 AM

2,427 posts, read 2,476,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
Imo, I have to Agree that Marta should stay in the Core counties. If Marta ran any local lines in Henry it should be no more than light expansions of Clayton Routes only like to Maybe 138 in Stockbridge. Commuter rail is needed though, but that should be from the state level, combined with Xpress services... One thing that does bug me on here though is how so many seems to think that all Growth is confined, will be confined and must be confined to the north side and the northern suburbs. There is no law that says that and it's funny how a lot of people don't know how much Henry County has grown and how much room it still has to grow... interesting... Got a feeling the new hot Toll lanes are going to boost and change Henry's dynamic as well
Come to think about it I doubt it very seriously this meeting was about the full County of Henry getting marta. Neither one of us was in this meeting but I would think it's probably more about North Henry and Stockbridge getting some special lines, something similar to what Cobb has at six flags and Cumberland being that Henry is a border marta county now. Possibly some specials to Atlanta motor speedway during races but I in no way see the entire county going for marta right now. If I'm not mistaken I think marta had plans to cross Henry county's border about an inch anyway to 138 shopping centers or to the expense lot in that area from the future bus chart that was created.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:22 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,863,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudewiththeplan View Post
Actually GA5mom, PTC would be the last place to ever approve Marta. Very anti-transit population and govt. Not that long ago they even voted down shuttle buses for the elderly and disabled.
What if golf carts were allowed on trains and each bus had a trailer to tow golf carts?

Old 09-15-2015, 03:11 PM

880 posts, read 2,862,090 times
Unless the golf carts were running under their own power, I highly doubt it cqholt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta