Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 07:10 PM

5,620 posts, read 5,911,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
Good point--restaurants around there are slammed at lunchtime as it is
Yea I always tried to get lunch after 130 or 2 (of course, I didn't get in til 10 anyway). The area could also use a few more options in the fast casual market. Don't want to go to Chipotle for the hundredth time or spend 7 bucks on a burger (or however much it was) at Grub Burger. But don't want to go to Burger King, I typically reserve that for road trips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 07:19 PM

145 posts, read 167,327 times
Vespucci's opened a second location on Canton Rd Marietta. It's not so hard to imagine other non chains expanding their business. I mean really, what's the big deal.

Old 09-14-2015, 08:49 PM

5,620 posts, read 5,911,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petite Jean View Post
Vespucci's opened a second location on Canton Rd Marietta. It's not so hard to imagine other non chains expanding their business. I mean really, what's the big deal.
Cause people forget that not all OTP food options are chains and that even ITP in places like downtown there are chains like Hooters right off Peachtree Street. It's either ignorance or denial.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:04 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,810,360 times
Considering the high quantity of the Hispanic population in the area, you'd think there'd be a lot of those type of restaurants. Something authentic of even a Twisted Taco would not be a bad idea.

I also think a good pizza place would be good. I'd personally go for Chicago style, but I understand that thinner, drier, blander styles are more popular here.

Even a place like Dreamland BBQ or a Brazilian restaurant like Fogo De Chao would be a hit.

I don't think the restaurants need to be high end to be successful..

Old 09-14-2015, 11:34 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,346,045 times
I don't see how this will work well. ~80 nights a year you get a huge influx of gameday people making staffing for peak very tricky and unlikely to go well. The other ~280 days you have less traffic but still have pricey real estate and customers spend 6 months of the year checking the Braves schedule before booking on OpenTable or enjoying a wonderful surprise of missing their reservation by an hour.

It's the same reason I would never choose a restaurant in Atlantic Station during Cirque Du Soleil season unless I'm going there for the show. While I've had seats in the 755 club several times over the years, it was always corporate provided and "fine dining" and baseball don't really mix regardless if I've got the expense card.

Old 09-15-2015, 04:50 AM

145 posts, read 167,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
Cause people forget that not all OTP food options are chains and that even ITP in places like downtown there are chains like Hooters right off Peachtree Street. It's either ignorance or denial.
True. I think it annoys the ITP boosters as well.

Old 09-15-2015, 06:31 AM

1,383 posts, read 1,554,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
I don't think anybody is denying that chain restaurants exist ITP. I think its the generalized perception from OTP that independent restaurants inside the perimeter cater to people who think themselves too good for chain restaurants, despite the presence of those same chains ITP. The eateries at Krog Street Market, specifically, seem to be most often cited as the kind of places OTPers say they love to hate as a matter of defending dining options outside 285. That some of those eateries are going to open locations at or near SunTrust Park will probably undermine the 'cool factor' ITPers hold sacred, while OTPers enjoy a meal at a place they once, by association, claimed they'd never eat at.

In the end, everyone can have it both ways. And that's cool, too.

Old 09-15-2015, 06:39 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,799,044 times
Restaurants will go where they will make money, if that is the mixed use development around SunTrust Park, then so be it.

Old 09-15-2015, 07:49 AM

2,813 posts, read 2,106,587 times
I think this is really a non-issue.

Other than perhaps the commonly held misconception that all dining options OTP are chain restaurants is once again proving to be false.

But some I picture some folks squeezing their eyes shut and covering their ears and saying "I'm not listening! I'm not listening! I'm not listening!" So be it. Nothing's going to get through to that crowd anyway

Old 09-15-2015, 08:00 AM

23,390 posts, read 43,932,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
Good point--restaurants around there are slammed at lunchtime as it is
And dinner. My husband worked in the Cumberland area. I would meet him for dinner and a show at Cobb Energy; the restaurants at Cumberland Mall were jammed. There's certainly a market there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta