Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 11:30 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,130,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
As long as these "millennials" don't spread MARTA into Fayette County...
Don't worry; I'm confident that MARTA won't be making it to Fayette anytime soon. Eventually it may happen....maybe 2070?

- skbl17
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 05:25 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Do Millennials live in Fayette County?!
Hardly.

I read part of this article and I once again felt embarrassed to be a "Millennial". I couldn't read anymore after the DJ idea. I hope that wasn't serious.

Sometimes I think there is smear campaign against people in the millennial generation. Almost everything I hear that uses the term is just stupid. There's a lot of great things going on and coming up. I think it will be the Millennial generation that finally comes up with and accepts solutions to a lot of things that are continually being kicked down the road.

There is already a HEAVILY millennial grassroots event to discuss and promote transit solutions: Transportationcamp South. It's incredible to see the passion behind transportation solutions for Atlanta and the south. Keynote speaker will be Keith Parker this year and you get a snazzy t-shirt w/ lunch for about $12. Next Saturday! -- TransportationCamp South 2015 Registration, Atlanta | Eventbrite

Old 09-16-2015, 05:45 PM

32,024 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
I think it will be the Millennial generation that finally comes up with and accepts solutions to a lot of things that are continually being kicked down the road.
Good luck, inventive young millennials.

We oldsters hereby bequeath to you a 50 mile heavy rail transit system and 500 modern buses that is unparalleled anywhere outside the nation's greatest cities. We also leave you the world's busiest airport, a world class freeway system, a massive freight network linked to a deep water port, numerous first rate universities, sufficient fresh water for a city of many millions, the most stunning skyline within 700 miles, pro sports teams with the finest facilities in the land, and a variety of other assets. Do with them all as you will.

That big kaboom you heard the other day? That was the sound of the burden shifting from us to you.

Now get cracking.

Old 09-17-2015, 05:43 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,863,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post

We oldsters hereby bequeath to you a 50 mile heavy rail transit system and 500 modern buses that is unparalleled anywhere outside the nation's greatest cities. We also leave you the world's busiest airport, a world class freeway system, a massive freight network linked to a deep water port, numerous first rate universities, sufficient fresh water for a city of many millions, the most stunning skyline within 700 miles, pro sports teams with the finest facilities in the land, and a variety of other assets. Do with them all as you will.

That big kaboom you heard the other day? That was the sound of the burden shifting from us to you.

Now get cracking.

Don't worry, we will attempt to right the wrong that your generation and your parents did before, abandoning of urban areas. They only barrier is majority of politicians are still baby boomers and refuse to fund infrastructure improvements because they know they can 'kick the can down the road' a few more years until they retire.
Our shoulders are strong enough to carry the burden. We the a '/' generation, were we do multiple things good and money is not our ultimate goal.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:51 AM

32,024 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Our shoulders are strong enough to carry the burden. We the a '/' generation, were we do multiple things good and money is not our ultimate goal.
I am looking forward to seeing you youngsters get to work, cq.

We older folks gave you the best years of our lives, and have provided the foundation and the tools you need to go forward. Maybe we weren't always right but we gave it our best shot.

Now we are old and tired, so we must look to you for help.

Old 09-17-2015, 11:43 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,863,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Hardly.

I read part of this article and I once again felt embarrassed to be a "Millennial". I couldn't read anymore after the DJ idea. I hope that wasn't serious.

Sometimes I think there is smear campaign against people in the millennial generation. Almost everything I hear that uses the term is just stupid. There's a lot of great things going on and coming up. I think it will be the Millennial generation that finally comes up with and accepts solutions to a lot of things that are continually being kicked down the road.

There is already a HEAVILY millennial grassroots event to discuss and promote transit solutions: Transportationcamp South. It's incredible to see the passion behind transportation solutions for Atlanta and the south. Keynote speaker will be Keith Parker this year and you get a snazzy t-shirt w/ lunch for about $12. Next Saturday! -- TransportationCamp South 2015 Registration, Atlanta | Eventbrite
I know a lady that is part of this and she lives in Conyers. When I heard she was on it I was like WTF?!

Old 09-17-2015, 04:09 PM

246 posts, read 316,139 times
DJ?? What are we, twelve years old?

I guess having trains and buses that work, are well-maintained, and are consistently on time just aren't a priority....

Old 09-17-2015, 05:45 PM

188 posts, read 177,697 times
I'm not a millennial, but perhaps they should clean the nasty trains and stations before they decide to hire the DJ. I guess the thumping music might distract the senses from the awful smell... so that might be part of a multi-pronged solution.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:06 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,962,746 times
I just love how people are harping on one of the few bad things that was suggested. Typical humanity...

Just to clarify, I'm a millennial and think DJs on the trains is a bad idea too. But there are some other great ideas being thrown around.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:25 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post

Now get cracking.

I truly appreciate the (ongoing) hard work of people that came before me.

But, the majority of people with voting power over the recent past have left a mess of the political system and in turn, infrastructure. That's where I hope to see a big change, we shall see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta