Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 02:38 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,785,358 times

Advertisements

"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 02:53 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
Ok ok. You all launch a concert next year called "The Perfect Concert" and for $150 you will guarantee no rain, snow,pollen, etc. Traffic will run smoothly during the entire event. No more than a 30 second wait to use the restroom or to order food. you will have the perfect concert because you are perfect and the weather will be perfect.
Here try this! It's held in March with no rain or mud and free mass transit via the People Mover!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U5dCKMjYr0

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...l_20110326.jpg

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...01&oe=56A9D0F5

Old 09-27-2015, 02:58 PM

You still haven't found a girlfriend in Miami yet? Try this Match.com® | The Leading Online Dating Site for Singles & Personals : Match.com

Old 09-27-2015, 03:25 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
You still haven't found a girlfriend in Miami yet? Try this Match.com® | The Leading Online Dating Site for Singles & Personals : Match.com
Post #10 from me on this thread :"

"Anyways enjoy TomorrowWorld in the Atlanta suburbs with 'camping" grounds. How prophetic and appropriate."

I was right and I don't need a girlfriend. Anyways the perfect location for a EDM festival would be Piedmont Park which is a great setting right in the heart of the city. Are these organizers too cheap and can't secure the permits & Insurance for the event? I'm a fan of EDM and they do have $$ to attend & spend but that site looks like a ratchet mess!

Old 09-27-2015, 03:33 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,057,844 times
I don't see how they'd be able to set up as many stages without the sound drowning the others out. Also the intown noise ordinances wouldn't allow the event to go late enough. The Doraville GM plant would be a good setting maybe.

Old 09-27-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post

"Anyways enjoy TomorrowWorld in the Atlanta suburbs with 'camping" grounds. How prophetic and appropriate."

I was right and I don't need a girlfriend. Anyways the perfect location for a EDM festival would be Piedmont Park which is a great setting right in the heart of the city. Are these organizers too cheap and can't secure the permits & Insurance for the event? I'm a fan of EDM and they do have $$ to attend & spend but that site looks like a ratchet mess!
You do need one. Actually you need something else but I can't use that word on here because dudes that are getting some don't spend their time trolling forums!

Old 09-27-2015, 05:05 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,036,099 times
Quote:

You apparently need something to take your mind off Atlanta...girlfriend, boyfriend, hobby, etc.

"That site" is a beautiful, pastoral setting for an outdoor music festival like this. I guess Atlanta is responsible for the weather now and should be held accountable for this horrible rain. Woodstock, the definitive outdoor music festival of our time, was held in the Catskills on a dairy farm in the muddy rain. You better get busy with your criticism of that one too.

I can't imagine a much better setting for an outdoor music festival than Chattahoochee Hills:

Bing Images

The fact is that you can't seem to stand the thought of anything good happening outside of your little bubble...but MANY good things happen outside of South Florida and many of them happen right here in Atlanta. I know that hurts your feelings, but you better get used to it or plan for a very bitter future.

Old 09-27-2015, 05:14 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,933,624 times
^Tell it, Joe!

Bob's hatred/jealousy of Atlanta is over the top, and it seems to be getting worse. It's actually pretty creepy.

Old 09-27-2015, 06:27 PM

346 posts, read 388,576 times
Quote:

The owners of the land for TomorrowWorld are Belgian, as are the organizers of Tomorrowland in Europe. The weather was just very unusual and may never be that rainy again. Otherwise, that setting has been one of the great features of the festival and is noted for its beauty. It's like saying they should move the Emmy Awards from LA because it happened to be 100 degrees on that date this year in LA and some people got sweaty.

Old 09-27-2015, 06:39 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,440,929 times
However if you close all the parking lots, and have a bad reception and can't make Uber request along with 180,000 coming and leaving each night. Does it take a genius or rocket science to figure out that their will be a huge problem for people trying to get home on Friday and Saturday nights. Also with Atlanta being subject to weather from both the Gulf and Atlantic you must have a plan B for inclement weather. While it may be entertaining to make comments back and forth comments. I was actually out their picking up stranded passengers and hearing from them personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta