Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2008, 12:06 PM

3 posts, read 32,597 times

Advertisements

Have you beat a speeding ticket in Atlanta by doing community service? Are you about to ask for community service instead of a fine. Please let me know how it works in Atlanta and nearby counties.
Kellie B
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 01:24 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,661,050 times
It mostly depends on your driving record. You're not going to get out of a fine. You can get it lowered and points reduced but you're going to have to pay something.

What's your record like in the last 5 years? What county did you get the ticket in?

Old 01-29-2008, 01:26 PM

Default Speeding

I'm looking for someone about to do community service for a TV News interview.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:49 PM

117 posts, read 618,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLIEB View Post
Have you beat a speeding ticket in Atlanta by doing community service? Are you about to ask for community service instead of a fine. Please let me know how it works in Atlanta and nearby counties.
Kellie B
I do not know about all over the Metro, but that is old school. Like mid 90's old school. I wrote a report and the dangers of wreckless driving and speeding for the city of Atlanta in 1995 when I was a junior in high school in an effort to throw out my traffic tickets, but I have not heard/seen this program since. And it was a first offender thing too.

Nowadays, they want/need the money.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:30 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,666,018 times
I saw a college student get community service in Rockdale County when I went for my court day. He told the judge, he couldn't afford the fine on his student income, so she gave him about 100 hours of community service....and if he didn't serve it, 5 days in jail.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:53 PM

894 posts, read 4,336,943 times
My husband got a ticket in East Point (I think that is the correct city) on the way to the aiport. He was stuck behind a truck and then punched it and got nailed. He tried to go to court to fight it. He has had a safe driving record for 10 years and they nailed him with a 300.00+ fine and had to do driving school on line. OUCH!

Old 01-29-2008, 04:47 PM

Looking for someone who wouldn't mind talking about community service. Was it worth it? For a TV news Story

Old 01-15-2009, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 9,837 times
Hey! I just got a speeding ticket on I-285S right before Christmas and I went to court Monday for it. I ended up talking with the solicitor's office and had to come back later that day, but I was caught doing 84 in a 55 zone and I am 18 years old and this was my first ticket. I ended up getting 87 hours community service ($5/service hour), 1500 word essay on the dangers of speeding on the highway, and I have to take a 6 hour defensive driving class. With all this said it is not going on my record sooo... NO points on my license, No fines, and No increase in my insurance, and most important NO license suspension!!! I am very blessed and this was in Easy Point court with an awesome female judge!
Hope that helps!
Vanessa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta