Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2015, 02:42 PM

787 posts, read 970,095 times

Advertisements

Looking for a new/local bank. How is it compared to others like Wells Fargo which decided to set up shop right next to Citizens Trust near me. I heard it black owned which peaked my interest, is it really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 04:27 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,716,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry X View Post
Looking for a new/local bank. How is it compared to others like Wells Fargo which decided to set up shop right next to Citizens Trust near me. I heard it black owned which peaked my interest, is it really?
Yes, Citizen Trust and Capital City are black owned banks.

Not as many locations as WF.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:09 PM

32,032 posts, read 36,829,063 times
It has a good reputation and in years past I've known some folks who worked there. I really like dealing with local banks.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:46 PM

787 posts, read 970,095 times
Thanks, I'll sign up with them this week. Read some history on them and how they invested in some of the most affluent African American neighborhoods in SW Atlanta.

The crazy part is that I've been living near the bank for almost a year, I'm a regular at the Publix on Cascade and I never knew it was their til a week ago, its because Wells Fargo has their hugh bank with big bright signs right next to Citizens Trust which is smaller. I think I thought it was part of WF until I seen the sign last week coming from the Publix parking lot, the sign is small and can barely be seen from Cascade rd. and WF is blocking the view from Fairburn rd. I was surprised like how did I not notice this.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:09 AM

253 posts, read 303,595 times
I plan on opening an account with them in the next few weeks. I will still be keeping my BOA since I have been with them for almost 10 yrs (since Freshmen yr of college).

Old 10-07-2015, 08:20 AM

272 posts, read 272,112 times
It would be a crime to go with any ATL bank over DCCU.

Old 10-07-2015, 09:58 AM

2,580 posts, read 2,489,577 times
I would recommend it since there very few stable and community-oriented black-owned financial institutions left. Citizens Trust acquired the last stable black owned bank in Birmingham years ago, and they have a location within Birmingham's historic 4th Avenue (black business) district right up the street from the Civil Rights Institute and 16th Street Baptist Church. They have been very involved in the community there since the acquisition. They even opened a located in the Black Belt region of Alabama where most major financial institutions have shied from because it is considered "too poor" to support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: