Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 01:37 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times

Advertisements

Bill Kennedy Way Designs
Bill Kennedy Way Design // Atlanta BeltLine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 03:46 PM

1,478 posts, read 1,725,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
"You can view the Bill Kennedy Way renderings in their entirety here. The design process for the entire Southside Trail is underway, a four-mile trail that will connect the Eastside and Westside Trails. Design is scheduled for completion within the next two years."

Well, that's depressing. I thought the process was moving along a lot faster than 2 years just for design....

That means we can expect southside delivery in, hmmmm, 5-10?

Old 05-18-2016, 05:55 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,875,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCATL View Post
"You can view the Bill Kennedy Way renderings in their entirety here. The design process for the entire Southside Trail is underway, a four-mile trail that will connect the Eastside and Westside Trails. Design is scheduled for completion within the next two years."

Well, that's depressing. I thought the process was moving along a lot faster than 2 years just for design....

That means we can expect southside delivery in, hmmmm, 5-10?
Your timeline is probably right unless there is additional funding found. Like the November vote.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:53 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,261,100 times
Quote:
Working with our consultants, the team at Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. will weigh the feedback from the community and assess the best approach to Bill Kennedy Way. The time-frame for design is six months, with more community engagement expected midway through the process.

You can view the Bill Kennedy Way renderings in their entirety here. The design process for the entire Southside Trail is underway, a four-mile trail that will connect the Eastside and Westside Trails. Design is scheduled for completion within the next two years.
The design for Bill Kennedy Way from Memorial to Glenwood will be done within 6 months. Design for the entire southside trail from Glenwood to University is going to take two years. I was at the meeting, and this timeline was clear during the Q&A session.

The longer timeline for Glenwood to University is because of the federal funding. It's nice, because we have the money to actually construct it, but means that the trail has to undergo the lengthy EIS review required for federal funding.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:01 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,885 times
Very exciting possibilities on the horizon for the Beltline. This upcoming tax is huge and will have an impact on Atlanta for generations to come

Old 05-19-2016, 07:05 AM

561 posts, read 781,142 times
I have a feeling that at some point, the "ITB" (inside the beltline) moniker will become even more of a major game changer for real estate. Especially once the transit portion has been implemented.

Prices in some of these areas have already seen an incredible increase, but it will only get crazier as traffic worsens.

Just think..........In about 5 or 10 years, we can have ITB vs ITP vs OTP flame wars on this forum. lol

Mossberg
an ITB resident.

Old 05-19-2016, 07:34 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
The official Beltline website is a worthless joke. That map is unreadable.

Old 05-19-2016, 07:40 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,875,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
The official Beltline website is a worthless joke. That map is unreadable.
That is because they are pictures of what was presented in neighborhood meetings. If you want to view them better, pull up the presentation they link to in the article: http://beltlineorg.wpengine.netdna-c...-5.10.16-3.pdf

Old 05-19-2016, 08:01 AM

1,478 posts, read 1,725,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetar View Post
The design for Bill Kennedy Way from Memorial to Glenwood will be done within 6 months. Design for the entire southside trail from Glenwood to University is going to take two years. I was at the meeting, and this timeline was clear during the Q&A session.

The longer timeline for Glenwood to University is because of the federal funding. It's nice, because we have the money to actually construct it, but means that the trail has to undergo the lengthy EIS review required for federal funding.
The southside Beltline is already funded? That's news to me, and great to hear. I know the city doesn't actually even own the property yet, so I had no idea they had funding for the build-out already. That timeline makes more sense now though - I didn't realize "design" included the EIS.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:55 AM

2,197 posts, read 2,261,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCATL View Post
The southside Beltline is already funded? That's news to me, and great to hear. I know the city doesn't actually even own the property yet, so I had no idea they had funding for the build-out already. That timeline makes more sense now though - I didn't realize "design" included the EIS.
I doubt it's fully funded, but there's a federal grant in place that's taking care of a significant portion of it. The design RFQ doesn't spell out the exact amounts, but says it will be funded by a mix of federal grants, TAD dollars, and private funds. I imagine they anticipate having the full funding required by the time the design is finished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta