Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 03:37 PM

6 posts, read 14,051 times

Advertisements

I know this is not an Atlanta question, but for those who have traveled to North Georgia. Help me decide; If you had the choice to rent a cabin in November in Helen area vs Blue Ridge/Ellijay, which would you choose and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2015, 06:20 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,028,420 times
They are both great vacation spots and in beautiful scenic areas. Helen is a very unique little town but Blue Ridge is great too. I have been to both and can't really put one above the other. Take the best deal.

Old 10-24-2015, 06:24 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,474,525 times
I agree, both areas are really nice.

Old 10-24-2015, 08:29 PM

744 posts, read 2,481,397 times
Though I really like both areas a lot , I would have to choose Blue Ridge . It has plenty of things to do from shopping, to hiking , to the orchards, to the train . But other things that I like is that it is not as congested traffic wise as Helen , nor is it as loud as Helen can be (bands , motorcycles and so on ).

Old 10-25-2015, 03:22 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,355,378 times
I've spent time in both, and my wife and I prefer Helen. We like the walkable town, sitting at a bar on the river, going to see live music, or tubing down the river. As I recall, we didn't do much while we were in blue ridge, as I seem to remember that it's more of just a standard small town.

Both have plenty of access to outdoor activities.

Old 10-25-2015, 05:32 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,375,951 times
For me, Blue Ridge. The downtown and its shops and restaurants are very good.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:59 PM

124 posts, read 206,347 times
I just recently traveled too north georgia mountains it's 3 hours from columbus ga for a short getaway and helen was pretty neat and some of the bigger mountains are between helen and blairesville like brasstown bald mountain, and blood mountain and also the richard russell scenic highway is beautiful with lookouts were you can stop and take pictures. So i would choose helen if your wanting too ride around in the mountains and take pictures choose the richard russell scenic highway with the fall leaves now changing colors that's not far from helen. Blue ridge on the other hand is kinda boring and nothing too do except for the train ride.

Old 10-26-2015, 03:01 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,869,718 times
helen. blue ridge is quite honestly a very racist place and has a chapter of the KKK there. helen gets a lot of tourists and has more of a diverse mixture of people. i am not comfortable in blue ridge.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:24 AM

124 posts, read 206,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
helen. blue ridge is quite honestly a very racist place and has a chapter of the KKK there. helen gets a lot of tourists and has more of a diverse mixture of people. i am not comfortable in blue ridge.
I agree helen is better because some of the highest mountains are closeby between blairesville and helen you've got brasstown bald mountain, blood mountain. springer mountain and plus you have the richard russell scenic highway all right there closeby. Blue ridge on the other hand is boring and there really isn't know tall mountains nearby. I rode the train ride in blue ridge and don't get me wrong i thought it was fun but i thought is was going too have mountain views of the mountains on the train but it didn't.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:36 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinal View Post
I know this is not an Atlanta question, but for those who have traveled to North Georgia. Help me decide; If you had the choice to rent a cabin in November in Helen area vs Blue Ridge/Ellijay, which would you choose and why?
Blue Ridge.

Helen is an over-priced, over-policed fake town full of tourists. Pay heed to their well-known phrase: "Come to Helen on vacation; leave Helen on probation."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta