Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 11:52 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,294,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
So here's the thing - my BF and I have been together for going on two years.

We are getting irritated with each other (it happens) and think we need a road trip or vacation of some type. We need it immediately though.

Of immediate ideas, we may have to go with something in Atlanta metro where we live (not together). Of things you would do as a couple, are there any suggestions? I don't want to hear about a Coke museum or a zoo; we're grown. I mean even that hotel bar that used to rotate would have sounded like a good idea if it was still spinning.

I just want to know how to take weekend vacation in our own city without killing each other.

Any ideas for basically a weekend?
I'd get out of Atlanta and go to Chattanooga.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 12:31 PM

567 posts, read 889,620 times
If me and my girlfriend were in a similar situation and the weather was nice, I might start the day with a jog/walk at Lullwater Nature Preserve on Emory's campus, if not there, I'd definitely do an early morning or late afternoon hike up Stone mountain. Seeing the sunrise/sunset, or being by water can be very therapeutic. We'd get breakfast at the flying biscuit to start the day with good food, then would head over to maybe the High and wonder through some exhibits that are on display. Because we are foodies, we'd probably go up to Buford Highway, or down to Forest Park/ Jonesboro to get some Thai, Mexican, or Vietnamese depending on our mood. Later we would maybe go to one of the historic squares (Norcross, Suwanee, Jonesboro, College Park, Marietta, Smyrna, Vinnings, ViHi, EAV, there are so many across the metro area to choose from and its also dependent on what side of town we are) and do some window shopping and site seeing. But most importantly during that time period and throughout the day, we would be talking.. because at the end of the day its about the quality time that's being spent between the two of you in order to repair whatever breaks that have formed in the relationship.

Finally,

I'm not sure if the Christmas lights are still up around centennial, but if so that would be a great for an evening stroll in that area. The atmosphere is really romantic. If not you guys could catch sunset at one of the sky lounges or bars around downtown.

But honestly these are ideas based upon our preferences. Do what works for you guys! Hope it works out!

Old 01-27-2016, 12:36 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,921,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listennow32 View Post
If me and my girlfriend were in a similar situation and the weather was nice, I might start the day with a jog/walk at Lullwater Nature Preserve on Emory's campus, if not there, I'd definitely do an early morning or late afternoon hike up Stone mountain. Seeing the sunrise/sunset, or being by water can be very therapeutic. We'd get breakfast at the flying biscuit to start the day with good food, then would head over to maybe the High and wonder through some exhibits that are on display. Because we are foodies, we'd probably go up to Buford Highway, or down to Forest Park/ Jonesboro to get some Thai, Mexican, or Vietnamese depending on our mood. Later we would maybe go to one of the historic squares (Norcross, Suwanee, Jonesboro, College Park, Marietta, Smyrna, Vinnings, ViHi, EAV, there are so many across the metro area to choose from and its also dependent on what side of town we are) and do some window shopping and site seeing. But most importantly during that time period and throughout the day, we would be talking.. because at the end of the day its about the quality time that's being spent between the two of you in order to repair whatever breaks that have formed in the relationship.

Finally,

I'm not sure if the Christmas lights are still up around centennial, but if so that would be a great for an evening stroll in that area. The atmosphere is really romantic. If not you guys could catch sunset at one of the sky lounges or bars around downtown.

But honestly these are ideas based upon our preferences. Do what works for you guys! Hope it works out!
This post actually got me choked up a little

Good job!

Old 01-27-2016, 12:55 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,055,812 times
Quote:
I'd get out of Atlanta and go to Chattanooga.
We did this a couple of years ago on Memorial Day. It's a pretty easy day trip (we were both done with Chattanooga by the end of the day).

I thought it was going to be totally lame and touristy, and it was, but we loved Rock City. It's really neat, and I loved how cheesy they made it with the gnomes and Mother Goose story telling stuff. It's dumb fun, but it's fun! We also drove around the area and looked at the houses on Lookout Mountain. Looking at real estate is always therapeutic for me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta