Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 11:11 AM

4,209 posts, read 4,744,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbl17 View Post
You don't visit Politics & Other Controversies often enough if you think this is the worst C-D has to offer.

- skbl17
I don't even go there anymore, my stress levels are already too high
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 03:59 PM

114 posts, read 134,836 times
I learned that its not the place, but the person that matters. You're probably creating your own hell here through your mind.

I'm sure there's at least one person in every city RIGHT NOW at this second, complaining about how much they hate their city.

Old 01-31-2016, 05:01 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,133,368 times
Atlanta's not for everyone, that's for sure. If he doesn't like it, he doesn't like it...simple as that...I also suggest Charleston or Savannah...I think you'll like Savannah. Nice nightlife and bar scene in the walkable historic downtown area with a lot of charm and the southernness you're looking for. The food scene is also pretty great.

Old 01-31-2016, 06:47 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,751,604 times
Troll post...

First how can you be in a new city for over a year and not post on C-D about whats going on in the city you are supposed to be new in. I could give a list of 20 places to go to any night of the week.

Second.....this person never asked anyone on here about what to do? What they are interested in? Etc.

Third the last call is at 3am. They stop selling alcohol around around 2:45am and everyone has to be out by 3am. 4/5am in Dekalb/etc. Heck my friends went to a reggae party at The Atrium last night until 5am LA, San Fran, Seattle, Austin,Dallas, Houston, Philly,Bmore, Boston etc last call is 2am. Heck I would say Atlanta overall is ranked in the top 5 in nightlife overall with NYC, Vegas, Miami and New Orleans because of the 3-4am last call, strip clubs are all nude and serve alcohol (only cities that allow this is Atlanta, Miami and Vegas), several day shift strip clubs are popping daily, its always big events in the city which brings more additional energy to the city, "all" types of smoking is allowed at most venues, etc

Fourth...Sandy Springs is the suburbs. Anyone with any common sense knows most nightlife is in the city. Its the same as if I said Staten Island was boring and didnt go to Manhattan or if I was in LA and partied in the Redlands instead if Hollywood.

Fifth.... everyone knows generally speaking most people go out to party in Buckhead,Edgewood, Midtown, Va Highland, etc even though downtown still has at least 20 venues spread out around downtown

Last edited by fieldm; 01-31-2016 at 07:22 PM..

Old 01-31-2016, 09:58 PM

272 posts, read 271,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkobb510 View Post
I learned that its not the place, but the person that matters. You're probably creating your own hell here through your mind.
False.

“There is a myth, sometimes widespread, that a person need
only do inner work…that a man is entirely responsible for his own problems; and that to cure himself, he need only change himself….The fact is, a person is so formed by his surroundings, that his state of harmony depends entirely on his harmony with his surroundings.”
—Christopher Alexander, The Timeless Way of Building

Old 02-01-2016, 09:06 AM

150 posts, read 152,257 times
my two cents on renting is that - there are other (better) alternatives to renting than just staying at an apartment complex... Look into private rentals, and you'd be pleasantly surprised what you may find.... Otherwise, buy.

Carry on.

Old 02-01-2016, 10:06 AM

283 posts, read 360,514 times
This is the biggest oxymoron I've seen in a while.

I want a small, southern city where people aren't really southern and there's a wide variety of late nightlife. Uh... wut?

Good luck finding that unicorn. Maybe Savannah or Charleston? But those are - surprise - southern cities.

Old 02-01-2016, 12:47 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,933,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTrickNet View Post
This is the biggest oxymoron I've seen in a while.

I want a small, southern city where people aren't really southern and there's a wide variety of late nightlife. Uh... wut?

Good luck finding that unicorn. Maybe Savannah or Charleston? But those are - surprise - southern cities.
Only other places that come close to that are college towns but the nightlife typically skews toward that demographic.

Old 02-01-2016, 12:56 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,399,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
So you settled on one of the most expensive and desirable suburbs and have the nerve to complain about prices, traffic, culture, nightlife, etc.? Sounds like you failed to do your research before moving and now want to blame Atlanta for your lack of preparation. Clearly you've not been anywhere other than Sandy Springs, or perhaps downtown, to do anything since you think nightlife doesn't exist past 2am (it does) and there's no culture. You chose to live in the suburbs and are complaining about suburban life....that's just rich.

"Real people that speak proper english"....give me a break.

You want a smaller city with slower traffic, close your eyes and throw a dart on a map of the US. Anything that's not a metro area of 1.5 million+ should do the trick.
If I could rep this comment a thousand times, I would.

Old 02-01-2016, 01:07 PM

1,151 posts, read 1,309,142 times
OP has one post and has never came back. You guys should have let this drop to the bottom instead of feeding trolls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta