Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Ans Ans started this thread

9 posts, read 55,245 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone.
I and my lovely wife are moving to Atlanta Georgia to deilever our second child,to be precise at Grayson.

I will be obliged if i can get more information regarding hospitals in the city and where the best place to deliver. I will also obviously need to find a doctor, so any recommendations would be welcomed.

Secondly,are there Catholic Hospitals around the area.??

Thanks in anticipation for your replies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 05:48 AM

3,972 posts, read 12,661,614 times
No Catholic hospitals that I am aware of -- are you coming from the Northeast. While we have large Catholic churches here -- I am certain you know that Catholics make up a minority here and most are newcomers, not life long Georgians.

Gwinnett Medical Center is probably the largest hospital in the area. You have many hospitals available in the greater Atlanta area... Here is a post specifically about Gwinnett though.

//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...tt-county.html

Old 02-10-2008, 03:08 PM

Default Need a Hosital in Grayson,Atlanta GA.

Thanks a lot lastminutemom for your swift reply.

Does anyone think it will be feasilble for one to use Gwinnett Medical Center hospital while we`ll be residing at Grayson,Atlanta GA .?? or Any other options around.

I am worried about the proximity to the home whilst hospital/Doctor.

Thanks.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:16 PM

31 posts, read 113,462 times
Gwinnett Medical Center is close by. Definitely reasonable.

East Side Emory is also close, not sure about maternity ward, you would need to look into. I actually had to have surgery when I first moved down last year and I had a wonderful experience there.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:05 PM

196 posts, read 732,394 times
After moving to Grayson a couple years ago, my wife and I were faced with finding a good doctor and hospital. She has emergency surgery and to say that I was impressed with the doctors and facilities at Gwinnett Medical Center is an understatement. They were wonderful. Have you already purchased in Grayson if you are working downtown?

Old 02-11-2008, 06:06 PM

Thanks all for your feedback

Does anyone know ho much it cost for Child Birth (alll inclusive) @ Gwinnett Medical Centre or OTHER good ones in the area .
Assuming i am not going to use my insurance whilst intend to pay.
Regards.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:58 PM

2 posts, read 4,764 times
Default hospitals and dr's -grayson

hi. here is what i know:

emory eastside is located in snellville which is very close to grayson. they do everything, but unsure about their "rating" as far as delivering babies.

gwinnett medical center is also close. located in lawrenceville, ga. my boss and his wife as well as a co-worker both had their babies there a few months ago.

northside hospital is located in sandy springs, i believe. it is a bit of a drive, maybe 20 miles. it is a very popular hospital and they are touted for their pediatric program. recently had a friend deliver her baby there.

i am unsure of any catholic hospitals, but this is atlanta, i am sure there is something here if you are looking for it.

as far as dr's: emory eastside in snellville has some good ones. i also reccomend dr. christina dasaneau thru gwinette clinic in loganville and snellville (webb gin house location)
dentist: i reccomend one located at the corner of 78 & 124, mazzaowi. they are super!!! (it's where i go)

hope this is helpful to you and your family! )

Old 07-14-2009, 04:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,864 times
can anyone help me with a good reliable doctor in atlanta and how much it will cost to have my baby in atlanta

Old 07-14-2009, 04:26 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
We have a wonderful Catholic Hospital here at St. Joseph's, but their specialty is cardiology.

Gwinnett Medical should be just fine, and it is pretty convenient to Grayson.

Welcome to Atlanta, and congrats on the bambina!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta