Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2016, 10:17 PM

11 posts, read 13,987 times

Advertisements

Hello guys! I am a manager at a retail store from Orlando, FL and saw an opening for the same position at the store in Atlanta... ATL has always been on my mind ever since I first visited. I will possibly might be moving to Atlanta if I can secure the job. The job is located at Lenox Square so I would be near-ish to the area but wouldn't mind anywhere else that is nice, safe, and affordable.

Here's a little about me...

1. Budget $1000... any less would be awesome!
2. House/Condo/Townhome? Apartment, condo, townhome... whatever I can get!
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home) Commute to work, I will be working at Lenox Square.
4. Children(public school vs. private) None.

5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two Mix of the two if possible BUT it's not a big deal.
6. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. Safe and near work... I do not want to deal with ATL traffic driving to work.

Any advise on the traffic in ATL? How do you guys deal with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 11:12 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,049,033 times
Live within walking distance to Lenox (likely difficult on your budget)

Or you can live anywhere on MARTA since it will take you right there. I'd suggest someplace that's an easy drive/walk to the North Springs MARTA station. There are tons of apartments along Peachtree-Dunwoody Road near it.

If you are working retail hours that don't put you on the roads during commuter times, you may not have a problem driving.

Old 03-08-2016, 12:40 AM

How is the area around the North Spring Marta station? I looked it up and it's Peachtree Dunwoody area... is that around or in Sandy Springs? I usually stay in Sandy Springs when I am in ATL and I like that area a lot.

What are high peak times on the roads?

Old 03-08-2016, 09:50 AM

7,132 posts, read 9,128,454 times
It can get very bad on the 400 going down to Buckhead....probably among the worst traffic in the metro area.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:55 AM

283 posts, read 360,251 times
Yeah, your best bet is probably doing something near the North Springs station and riding it in to either the Buckhead or Lennox station.

Old 03-15-2016, 12:40 AM

Yikes! That does scare me about moving to Atlanta but I don't want it to stop me from moving there.

How is the area around North Spring station? Which areas should I look around for apartments?

Old 03-15-2016, 07:37 AM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpkmw View Post
Yikes! That does scare me about moving to Atlanta but I don't want it to stop me from moving there.

How is the area around North Spring station? Which areas should I look around for apartments?
There are several apartment complexes on Peachtree-Dunwoody Road that are within walking distance to the North Springs MARTA Station the area is quite safe. Avoid commuting on 400 if you can at peak traffic times, but if youre working retail hours this may not be an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta