Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 11:52 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,017,531 times

Advertisements

PCM is overpriced.

So is KSM.

When I first moved to Atlanta, there was the notion of the $50,000 millionaire...people who made $50k but drove around in BMWs and hit all the fancy clubs. I have no idea where they are now.

O4W, I feel, is the new Buckhead. A bunch of people walking around, pretending they can afford the rents and to eat normal lunches as PCM. The piper has to be paid someday, it'll be interesting to see if they are replaced with new people who do the same thing or the good 'ol invisible hand corrects the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 12:11 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,847,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
PCM is overpriced.

So is KSM.
No, it is not.

There are places in there where you can easily drop a bunch of money, but multiple restaurants in there you can eat at for the same price as Applebee's but with much better food.

But if you still want to eat at a chain, don't worry, those will still exist.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:50 PM

847 posts, read 1,454,542 times
There are several fast food spots with drive-thrus just down the street from this location. I really don't see the big deal.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:52 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,679,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big L View Post
There are several fast food spots with drive-thrus just down the street from this location. I really don't see the big deal.
The issue is that, while others already exist, we're trying to move away from them within the core. Especially when they're this close to the BeltLine, supposedly the model of walkable urbanism within the city.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:08 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,799,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big L View Post
Existing can stay, but as new development is proposed, that is where we start moving away from car-centric to more human scale development.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:09 PM

847 posts, read 1,454,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post
The issue is that, while others already exist, we're trying to move away from them within the core. Especially when they're this close to the BeltLine, supposedly the model of walkable urbanism within the city.
I get that, but I think some folks are forgetting about the combination of the location itself and the business in question. Nothing about Chick-Fil-A says "walkable urbanism". I also doubt that they would sign up for the prospect of having potential customers bypass them due to a lack of adequate parking if the drive-thru does not exist. Without a drive-thru, I can easily see an issue with folks trying to park elsewhere and getting booted or towed over a chicken sandwich.

This will be where Dugan's sits now, right? If so, I really don't see any fast-food spot making it there without a drive-thru, much less one that often has packed drive-thrus. Perhaps they should have looked at other restaurants if they did not wish to have a lot of vehicle traffic in that locale.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:34 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,847,783 times
Chick-fil-A's original location was inside a mall. Which is basically the PCM of yesteryear. They can thrive fine on foot traffic alone. Most fast-food chains do around the world.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:36 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,799,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
chick-fil-a's original location was inside a mall. Which is basically the pcm of yesteryear. They can thrive fine on foot traffic alone. Most fast-food chains do around the world.
/end thread

Old 03-17-2016, 01:47 PM

10,739 posts, read 13,333,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Chick-fil-A's original location was inside a mall. Which is basically the PCM of yesteryear. They can thrive fine on foot traffic alone. Most fast-food chains do around the world.
But, that's NYC. Can't really use that as an example for Ponce.

Old 03-17-2016, 02:02 PM

2,580 posts, read 2,476,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
PCM is overpriced.

So is KSM.

When I first moved to Atlanta, there was the notion of the $50,000 millionaire...people who made $50k but drove around in BMWs and hit all the fancy clubs. I have no idea where they are now.

O4W, I feel, is the new Buckhead. A bunch of people walking around, pretending they can afford the rents and to eat normal lunches as PCM. The piper has to be paid someday, it'll be interesting to see if they are replaced with new people who do the same thing or the good 'ol invisible hand corrects the situation.
There is some truth to that, but most of those people go out to (eat and/or party) the actual Buckhead locales. This is the funny thing, some would assume that most people whom live intown are living high (or balling in common vernacular) but they are just living within their means as those elsewhere. When you look at the hidden cost of living intown versus living in most "nicer" areas in the suburbs they are about equal. The question is what is important to you as an individual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta