Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 06:57 PM

25 posts, read 88,201 times

Advertisements

My family and I are presently having a home built in Princeton Lakes Estates...we're moving from New York. I really don't know anything about Atlanta but was sold on the Camp Creek Marketplace being so convenient. My husband is interested in Creflo Dollar's Church...so it's a closer commute plus not far from the airport..I hear a lot of negative things about the area but when we visit our subdivision appears so quiet...Can I get some feedback....pros and cons of Princeton Lakes Estates and the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 07:23 PM

722 posts, read 3,316,455 times
that whole south atlanta area was very ghettoish for a while, but its getting very developed with nice houses, good shopping and businesses now but some people obviously have not been down there in a while. its a brand new place, and its exploding

Old 02-10-2008, 07:33 PM

17 posts, read 65,233 times
The same thing that attracted you to the area is drawing more of your demographic so the same reasons. I looked into that area when I was looking for a home but decided not to becuase of the proximity to the Airport and also could not find exactly what I was looking for and that was an amenity filled Master-Planned subdivision. But that was my desire and you have found and area that appeals to you so that makes it a good decision on your part. Don't second guess yourself after you have made such a large investment in a home that you like.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdiddy0027 View Post
that whole south atlanta area was very ghettoish for a while, but its getting very developed with nice houses, good shopping and businesses now but some people obviously have not been down there in a while. its a brand new place, and its exploding
Thanks for your response...much appreciated.....

Old 02-10-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitaminute View Post
The same thing that attracted you to the area is drawing more of your demographic so the same reasons. I looked into that area when I was looking for a home but decided not to becuase of the proximity to the Airport and also could not find exactly what I was looking for and that was an amenity filled Master-Planned subdivision. But that was my desire and you have found and area that appeals to you so that makes it a good decision on your part. Don't second guess yourself after you have made such a large investment in a home that you like.
I respect your insight....that's what I asked for...I'm just trying to figure out how you knew my demographics from just a post.....

Old 03-02-2008, 10:50 AM

1 posts, read 10,117 times
I just moved from NY last year to the Camp Creek area. Rented for a while at the Heights at PL and thought about buying at Pulte Princeton Lakes because we really liked the area. Definitely up & coming. Lots of new development. What I liked about Princeton Lakes besides the houses were; the amenities, close to the marketplace, the sidewalks - you can walk to CC marketplace and the community seems a little more active than others.

We ended up moving to another community within the CC corridor but about 8 min from the marketplace because we preferred the homes in this community. However, it is a little too quiet for me. I prefer a little more activity.

I really like the Camp Creek area - although initially when I told people I was moving here I received some negative responses. But they were not aware of all the new development that had been and still is going on. Most people I know think it is a good investment. There is crime, but if you use the same precautions that you would in NY, you will probably be fine.

I recently met a former neighbor from the apartment community and we both miss it. Not the apartments -we both enjoy our new spaces much better- but the proximity to the marketplace and all the activity in the community. Sometimes I wonder if we should have bought in PL.

If I had to do it over, I definitely would have rented for a solid year and taken my time to decide. But you can never really know until you live there no matter how much time you take to decide.

Let me know how you like it - I am still very interested in that community.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:50 AM

51 posts, read 149,189 times
I'm looking to move to the princeton lakes area as well. Any updates?

Old 12-01-2011, 09:23 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,798,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdiddy0027 View Post
I know this is old but I cant let this stand.The WHOLE Southside is not "ghetto" and was not then ALL ghetto.In fact the area where Camp Creek is today,was largely underveloped woods until about 2006.Fayette County is prime example.Peachtree City ring a bell?Eagles Landing in Mcdonough(home of the LPGA)?

Princeton Lakes is a very popular subdivision.Ive heard nothing negative about it.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:04 AM

651 posts, read 1,562,757 times
do the police still do roadblocks at the entrance anymore? and what about the break-ins and robberies?

Old 12-05-2011, 03:36 AM

439 posts, read 852,748 times
There still are brake-ins and robberies. Storm doors are installed on most homes' entrance. They dont install storm doors for storms here. They do it as a break in deterrent. In addition, more and more privacy fences are installed. Vehicles parked overnight on driveways get their share of break-ins as well. PL is beautiful, has a robust HOA fee, is well maintained and close to commerce but it has its share of problems due to the surrounding poverty and crime stricken residences (lots of old stable style condos and section 8 housing)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta