Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 05:12 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,741,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Great, now let's connect all the historic downtowns via the existing railroad lines.
Thankfully at least one is starting to plan. http://www.news-daily.com/news/jones...17409f705.html Unfortunaly, Jonesboro's historic downtown is pretty lackluster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 04:16 PM

5 posts, read 3,261 times
Default Lawrenceville is under-rated.

That rooftop would have been McCray's Tavern, where they have rooftop seating.

I love the downtown area of Lawrenceville, and I know that L'ville has very active members on the city council, as well as the mayor, who are dedicated to Lawrenceville's growth and potential. We have the Aurora Theater in Lawrenceville, housed in a historic building that was once a church. And now that Geogia Gwinnett College is nearby the downtown area, I am hoping that Lawrenceville will get more bicycle lanes and outdoor eating. The U-Joint has outdoor seating, as well as McCray's rooftop, but I just think that Lawrenceville would benefit with more outdoor eateries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
I went one time with a friend to grab a few drinks. Drank on some rooftop. It's fairly nice, just small. Definitely doesn't compare to Marietta in size. Age definitely skewed younger than the sports bar that is actually close to us.

Old 04-19-2016, 05:10 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,377,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big L View Post
They have really done well with Downtown Lawrenceville. Downtown Suwanee is nice as well.
Wholly agree, Big L. It's great that the suburban areas are, indeed, becoming more sophisticated. Gives all of the millions of people more choices out here.

Old 04-19-2016, 09:06 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,930,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrencevilleRocks View Post
That rooftop would have been McCray's Tavern, where they have rooftop seating.

I love the downtown area of Lawrenceville, and I know that L'ville has very active members on the city council, as well as the mayor, who are dedicated to Lawrenceville's growth and potential. We have the Aurora Theater in Lawrenceville, housed in a historic building that was once a church. And now that Geogia Gwinnett College is nearby the downtown area, I am hoping that Lawrenceville will get more bicycle lanes and outdoor eating. The U-Joint has outdoor seating, as well as McCray's rooftop, but I just think that Lawrenceville would benefit with more outdoor eateries.
That's the one. It was a nice set up. Decently busy for a weekday evening.

Old 04-09-2021, 02:40 AM

10,392 posts, read 11,481,750 times
Default Downtown Lawrenceville announces “LIVE in the DTL” free summer concert series lineup at L’ville Lawn

The City of Lawrenceville is getting ready to kick off its popular free summer concert series at the newly renovated Lawrenceville Lawn in historic Downtown Lawrenceville.

Quote:
The city will start the series with a concert featuring The Ultimate King of Pop Experience on May 21. The series, which will feature performances at the lawn's new amphitheater, is being rebranded as LIVE in the DTL this year...

... The Lawrenceville Lawn on Luckie Street underwent a 15-month renovation, which cost $1.8 million. In addition to the 40-foot-by-60-foot amphitheater, the renovations included arbor shades for the lawn's tables as well as additional bathroom facilities and more public parking.

This year's concert series will be sponsored by Consolidated Pipe & Supply Company Inc. and feature food trucks that will begin serving food at 6 p.m. on each concert date, with the concerts themselves set to begin at 8 p.m.
Lawrenceville announces LIVE in the DTL summer concert series lineup (Gwinnett Daily Post)

Old 04-09-2021, 06:07 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,049,033 times
So... the headline is the city announced the summer lineup, then the article goes on to NOT list what that lineup is?

EDIT: Whoops, it's below the fold!

Old 04-09-2021, 06:46 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Sounds like a good lineup. It almost seems like some of these tribute bands are as good or better than the original.

Old 04-26-2021, 10:03 PM

Default Lawrenceville downtown makeover benefits entire city

The Gwinnett Daily Post is reporting that the positive impacts of the continuing makeover of Lawrenceville’s historic downtown are starting to be felt through the entire city.

Quote:
The biggest signs of redevelopment in Lawrenceville recently have been happening along a spine stretching from Georgia Gwinnett College to City Hall and passing right through the Lawrenceville Square...

... But, City Manager Chuck Warbington said the downtown projects are starting to have an impact across the entire city.
Impact of Lawrenceville's downtown makeover is reverberating across the city (Gwinnett Daily Post)

Old 04-27-2021, 02:48 AM

11,778 posts, read 7,989,264 times
It was still all under construction when I last saw it. I’ve been around 316 / Sugarloaf and 316 / 120 a few times this and last year but I haven’t seen Downtown L’ville in awhile. I’ve been intending to see what has progressed there.

Old 07-17-2021, 11:28 PM

Default Lawrenceville Square adding more outside dining areas

Quote:
Dining on the Lawrenceville Square took a sharp turn last summer when construction of a new bricked area was completed in front of Local Republic and McCray’s Tavern on Perry Street, not far from the Gwinnett Historic Courthouse.

The outdoor dining area has proven to be a hit and the city – in partnership with other eateries – is moving forward with more bricks, this time on Crogan Street, in the vicinity of D’Floridian and Oyster Bay Seafood Café...

... And the city’s not finished yet, with plans for at least two more outside dining areas on the books.
Lawrenceville adding more outdoor dining areas on the town square (Gwinnett Daily Post)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta