Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2008, 01:57 PM

3 posts, read 8,126 times

Advertisements

I have just accepted a job at CGI in Atlanta. This is in the Perimeter Center / Dunwoody area. I am looking for a 1-2 BR apartment within approx. 10 miles. My budget is around the $800 - $975 per month range. I have found a couple places that are really nice (AMLI at Perimeter Gardens and Perimeter Center) and a few that are not (Columns at Lake Ridge). I am looking for something in the middle. I would love to live in a place like AMLI but, of course, the prices are just about what I can live on ($1,000+). I want a safe location that is close to Perimeter Center and that has somewhat updated appliances (<5 years old). Have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any input!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 09:00 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,535,704 times
I don't know anything about rents, but I know there are some places on P'tree-D'woody Rd. as you head north over Abernathy. There are at least 3 I can think of, and then there is another one where that road hits Spalding. Sorry I don't know names or rents, but I just see them when I drive home everyday and know they are there.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:17 AM

1 posts, read 2,738 times
Default Glenlake Luxury Apartments

I don't live there, but a friend does. She knows I am also apartment hunting and recommended I give it a look since I work so close by. Complex is located next to UPS, GA400 exit 5B. I looked online and was AMAZED how much they are offering in terms of square footage for so little. Not the newest property, but she absolutely loves it there and says she is about to resign for TWO years. I'd also go visit a ProMove location. They are free and super helpful.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:21 AM

2,642 posts, read 8,257,678 times
Off the subject but when I see the word "resign" in this context it always throws me. It's correct usage but I think of resigning from a job not resigning a contract...

Old 02-16-2008, 09:48 AM

9 posts, read 29,515 times
ProMove is a good starting point. They can provide you with many goody apartment options and can tell you who might be offering special deals. There are a few different ProMove locations.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:42 AM

1,517 posts, read 6,737,128 times
Look at Gables Metro and Ashford at Windsor, both on Ashford Dunwoody Road. Don't forget that these places are willing to negotiate because they want your business! If you're a good candidate, see if they'll 'throw in' a few months rent free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: