Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 08:50 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,238,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
Most spoiled sports city in America.
Smug and arrogant too.

Sorry, I'm still a little bitter about this

Last edited by stillinthesouth; 02-08-2017 at 09:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2017, 09:08 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,861,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhm5 View Post
Very impressive!

Old 02-08-2017, 09:24 AM

2,323 posts, read 1,565,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhm5 View Post
Congratulations man. We are Atlanta and our teams hardly deal with Boston teams. There will never be a beef or rivalry between our teams outside of of BC/GT & Hawks/Celtics. Impressive sports streak though. As a Falcon's fan, I just want them to win their first championship.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:31 AM

654 posts, read 528,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J2rescue View Post
I have evolved from sadness to downright anger.

When you are up 3 scores in the Super Bowl in the 2nd half, you have ONE JOB on offense: RUN THE CLOCK! The more I think about the game this is the #1 failing by the Falcons and that's not Ryan's fault. The offensive play-calling did not adjust to the game situation and that cost them the game.
Ryan has the option to audible to a run play on virtually every down. Plus he had plenty of time on the sidelines to voice his opinion. Lots of time on the bench actually. Don't think for a second he doesn't share a ton of blame for play calling.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:36 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,130,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTCM View Post
Ryan has the option to audible to a run play on virtually every down. Plus he had plenty of time on the sidelines to voice his opinion. Lots of time on the bench actually. Don't think for a second he doesn't share a ton of blame for play calling.
No he doesn't:

Shanahan: Ryan has audible option on 50 percent of run plays
Quote:
Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan discussed the team’s audible system on Wednesday.

Under the former offensive coordinators Mike Mularkey and Dirk Koetter, Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan had wide-ranging audible authority.

He has an audible option – to check a run into a pass or vice versa at the line of scrimmage – on maybe 50 percent of the plays, according to Shanahan.

Because of the team’s outside zone running style, Shanahan is not afraid to run into eight-man fronts in order to keep a defense honest.

“Not all of them,” Shanahan said when asked about Ryan’s audible authority. “A lot of them you do. You don’t want to get into that game all of the time. Then the sky is getting too bad.

Old 02-08-2017, 10:59 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,500,143 times
Not sure if this was posted yet.

https://youtu.be/gxKzoczmbA4

Old 02-08-2017, 12:01 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,166,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
Post #595 was a good post Onyx. Points #2, #3' & #5 are all true. I've experienced it myself. Vick was beloved by many but folks gotta understand that he became a PR nightmare, PETA started protesting at our games and Blank had to cut ties before it started really getting to him. Ryan is a good player who took the hits. People really knocked him but those people really didn't understand football when they wanted him gone. (I'm a Tech fan and I saw plenty of Ryan at BC and was ecstatic when the Falcons brought him on...most people wanted Glenn Dorsey but our QB was Joey Harrington, yuck). I know some native Atlantans who was on Cam Newton's jock last year all because they hated Ryan and wanted him traded or cut last year (just dumb folks who didn't know football).
That's just it. Ryan's issues on the field are quite a few. But any issues he might have off the field haven't even registered in the public eye. (knock on wood)

Old 02-08-2017, 01:40 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,758,224 times
Starting to think this was rigged. Someone with a basic knowledge of football knows in this situation you just run the ball and kill time. Even people playing Madden knows this.

No one with common sense would have thrown the ball when they was on the 20 yard line in the 4th quarter

Just like when Seattle threw the interception at the 1 yard line in the SB a few years ago

Old 02-08-2017, 01:47 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,565,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
That's just it. Ryan's issues on the field are quite a few. But any issues he might have off the field haven't even registered in the public eye. (knock on wood)
There were some bad losses in the 15-16 season for sure but Ryan had the advantage over all other QBs outside side Rodgers, Brady, and Brees (even footing with Manning, Rivers, Dalton, etc last year). Cutting him would be stupid because he's a franchise QB, that's what a lot of people didn't understand. Trading him for anything other than another Franchise QB would have set ATL back. I saw good qualities out of Ryan when he was at BC so you had to stick with it. I mean, it's safe to say that Ryan has been through it all now. Quinn and many of the players have looked at tape of the SB multiple times and they are just analyzing what went wrong. We all know that bad play calling was to blame but the players sound good. They know they can't let it linger in their minds, the team has very good pieces on both sides of the ball.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:34 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,500,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
Starting to think this was rigged.
lol, maybe Vlad wanted another ring?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta