Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2016, 04:33 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,752,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
yeah, plus there are a lot of us who are minorities and whatnot that might not be too popular in certain OTP bars especially to the south, east, and west... whereas a place on edgewood seems more like a neutral zone.

Saturday, May 21st at 7 PM, Joystick Bar on Edgewood, Nametags with no screen names and at the end of the night we guess?
I already considered that so that is why I choose that spot. Nametags, we can figure that out later but we should at least gone and spot the official date. Also with the nametags we might have some people who are new that do not know the group members well so we dont want to leave anyone out

Last edited by fieldm; 04-21-2016 at 04:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 06:07 AM

4,413 posts, read 3,472,468 times
Quote:
yeah, plus there are a lot of us who are minorities and whatnot that might not be too popular in certain OTP bars especially to the south, east, and west... whereas a place on edgewood seems more like a neutral zone.

Saturday, May 21st at 7 PM, Joystick Bar on Edgewood, Nametags with no screen names and at the end of the night we guess?
Have you been to the restaurants/bars around Perimeter Center (Taco Mac, Eclipse di Luna, Cafe Intermezzo, etc)? I'd say that on weekends they are probably 40-50% minority.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:12 AM

994 posts, read 1,541,027 times
Quote:
This is crazy.

Anyway, I said I'd be willing to attend, but I do not want to assume planning oversight. I think the planning should occur via PM from this point forward, with regard to any specific dates, times and locations being shared. This is a non-secure public forum, and the details of the gathering should not appear here. In fact, if they do, that could limit turnout, as people will not know who may or may not be in attendance or viewing the event details, risking security (or the perception of it).

Old 04-21-2016, 09:13 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,875,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hautemomma View Post
This is crazy.
there are places where some of us probably won't be welcome or wouldn't feel comfortable... i mean it is 2016 but let's get real here, it is a reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hautemomma View Post
Anyway, I said I'd be willing to attend, but I do not want to assume planning oversight. I think the planning should occur via PM from this point forward, with regard to any specific dates, times and locations being shared. This is a non-secure public forum, and the details of the gathering should not appear here. In fact, if they do, that could limit turnout, as people will not know who may or may not be in attendance or viewing the event details, risking security (or the perception of it).
i was going to call you paranoid but i think you probably have a point. some people have stalkers, there are scary people out there, and some ITPer might happen to first read the words "elbow room" the night of the event and become so livid that arjay's elbows may be at risk of crime passionnel!

Old 04-21-2016, 09:19 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,752,813 times
Quote:
there are places where some of us probably won't be welcome or wouldn't feel comfortable... i mean it is 2016 but let's get real here, it is a reality.

i was going to call you paranoid but i think you probably have a point. some people have stalkers, there are scary people out there, and some ITPer might happen to first read the words "elbow room" the night of the event and become so livid that arjay's elbows may be at risk of crime passionnel!
It aint that serious. Unless you are a member of ISIS and wanted by the FBI you dont have anything to worry about nobody looking for you . No government names and no SSN have not been posted so nobody doesn't have anything to worry about. Nobody in real life knows you by your screen name on C-D

Go ahead and post a new thread with the place and date in the thread. Do not put the name of the venue and time on the title of the thread so it will not appear on Google.

FYI. ... hosting doesnt require anything for this particular event. Its not like you are bringing food, strippers and drinks.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:38 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,366,551 times
Quote:

Okay. I agree with Hautemomma. I didn't want to sound negative and so I chose not to post anything. Realistically, I think she has a point that turnout may not be what it should if everything is public and I can see why. We don't know the people on this forum and most of all, we want to be around people we will feel comfortable and this is why we may have to PM each other. I would care less about keeping my screen name private if I actually felt that I would like the people I'd be hanging with. As for the former, the people I want to hang out with on this web site will probably allow some give and take but I trust these people will not be so selfish towards location.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:11 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,157,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
FYI. ... hosting doesnt require anything for this particular event. Its not like you are bringing food, strippers and drinks.
Aw man.

Old 04-23-2016, 01:08 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
People often go to war over elbow room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wstIBq2H0z8

Old 04-23-2016, 02:49 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,157,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
People often go to war over elbow room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wstIBq2H0z8
Yes they do. In fact, Lebensraum might as well be translated "elbow room."

Old 04-24-2016, 09:54 AM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Yes they do. In fact, Lebensraum might as well be translated "elbow room."
Yep and not only that. Watch how people scrap over somebody encroaching 2 feet into a building setback, which isn't even on their property. Folks will get up in arms over the rumor of somebody building a grocery store 2 miles away. If you want to put up a midrise the locals are likely to riot in the streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta