Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 07:59 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,568,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry X View Post
I made a decision years ago never attend another event that involves a ton of people, standing for long periods of time, hot weather, and expensive food.
You have effectively ruled out nearly every event in Atlanta, billed as "free" or "public" or "festival". I just can't stand the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 08:03 AM

33 posts, read 31,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
I would expect nothing less from an event in Atlanta. The 40 buck admission fee? That was their best move, to cut back on the amount of riff raff that are going to show up and spend nothing. Just get in the way. Man, as soon as I had saw this advertised, I would have immediately passed on it.

Can't have this kind of "culture" in the deep south.
Welp, looks like you're moving. Byeeeeee, one less car in traffic

Old 05-03-2016, 08:04 AM

33 posts, read 31,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
It is a unique festival and non-profit to help Organized Neighbors of Edgewood raise money. Atlanta Taco Fest, Lobster fest, Street Food festival, etc. are all for-profit festivals.
Definitely sounds like a scam if you support it.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:17 AM

1,151 posts, read 1,309,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
Man, that's a sad, sad state of affairs right there...I personally detest Atlanta. Unrelenting traffic for nowhere near the draw that Los Angeles is. Cost of living and for rent through the roof, but only in the places you'd actually want to live. If living in Carroll County is your idea of Atlanta, then yeah, homes are cheap. Of course, then you are basically in my lovely state, Alabammy....Take a pass on it, and stay in California.

This is the face of a known ATL basher from Alabama of all places. Don't feed the troll.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:55 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,630,056 times
Kind of funny how all of the anti-Atlanta trolls ignore the large amount of festivals that go off without a hitch and glomp onto the few that don't.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:03 AM

8,486 posts, read 14,999,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Kind of funny how all of the anti-Atlanta trolls ignore the large amount of festivals that go off without a hitch and glomp onto the few that don't.
Exactly. While these scammers are a thorn in the side of the city, there are hundreds of other festivals that go off without a hitch in this city every year.

I think that's what irks me most about them. One of the best things about this city are our neighborhood festivals. When it's run well, you only get the highlights. For example, at the same time as this so-called "Taco Festival" was going on, a significantly larger festival (Inman Park) was going on just a few blocks away with nary a problem. I don't see any one calling for them to shut down or horror stories about their time during the festival or parade.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:23 AM

9,829 posts, read 7,262,857 times
Yeah, the Taco Fest the other day was one single total disaster. Every other festival or major outdoor event I've ever been to in my life, in the city or around it, has been fine. Save when there are unfortunate downpours. But that's a risk anywhere.

So when you cite this event the other day as a reason why you hate Atlanta, you are saying you are a total clueless idiot.

Old 05-04-2016, 04:13 PM

2,054 posts, read 2,568,609 times
bhammaster: you have been warned and reported to admins. Good luck.

Old 05-04-2016, 04:21 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,004,968 times
Refund info:

Atlanta Taco Festival responds after angry attendees slam 'disastrous' event | WSB-TV

Old 05-04-2016, 07:17 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,405,317 times
It's easier to just go to the food truck on Howell Mill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta