Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 07:04 AM

17 posts, read 14,779 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Atlanta soon and I'm trying to figure out a PreK solution for our little one.
I really need your help! She will turn 4 in mid-September so I guess for public school there will be the issue of the September first cut-off. right?
how about the private school?
Am I late to register her ?
Thanks to everyone !!
GG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 07:07 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,863,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maga2012 View Post
We are moving to Atlanta soon and I'm trying to figure out a PreK solution for our little one.
I really need your help! She will turn 4 in mid-September so I guess for public school there will be the issue of the September first cut-off. right?
how about the private school?
Am I late to register her ?
Thanks to everyone !!
GG
Georgia's Pre-K

Old 05-03-2016, 08:04 AM

2,307 posts, read 2,994,643 times
The private preschools also use a September 1st cut-off. With her birthday, she should be in a 3s program starting in the Fall. There are many private preschools in the area to look at including The Cliff Valley School, The Glenn School, Oakhurst Cooperative Preschool, Annunciation Day School, The Children's School, Inman Park Coop, The Nest Preschool, and on and on.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlJan View Post
The private preschools also use a September 1st cut-off. With her birthday, she should be in a 3s program starting in the Fall. There are many private preschools in the area to look at including The Cliff Valley School, The Glenn School, Oakhurst Cooperative Preschool, Annunciation Day School, The Children's School, Inman Park Coop, The Nest Preschool, and on and on.

Thank you so much ! Do also public schools have 3s program?

Old 05-03-2016, 08:37 AM

3,972 posts, read 12,661,614 times
Very few public 3s programs for typically developing children. AtlJan gave you a good list to start with. Do you need part time or full day preschool?

Old 05-03-2016, 08:44 AM

2,307 posts, read 2,994,643 times
Was going to ask the same question, re: full day or 1/2 day. Most of the preschools I gave you are 1/2 day programs. For full-day daycare, that would be another list. What is your budget? I would also consider geography, based on where you live and where you work. Traffic can be terrible. Do you or your partner work for Emory, the CDC or CHOA? If so, then the wonderful Clifton School could be an option.

Old 05-03-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlJan View Post
Was going to ask the same question, re: full day or 1/2 day. Most of the preschools I gave you are 1/2 day programs. For full-day daycare, that would be another list. What is your budget? I would also consider geography, based on where you live and where you work. Traffic can be terrible. Do you or your partner work for Emory, the CDC or CHOA? If so, then the wonderful Clifton School could be an option.
Thanks again for your suggestions! I will need full-time preschool programs and most likely I'll be working at Emory.
I will check the Clifton school then.

Old 05-03-2016, 04:41 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Thanks again for your suggestions! I will need full-time preschool programs and most likely I'll be working at Emory.
I will check the Clifton school then.
Oak Grove UMC has a full time program.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Oak Grove UMC has a full time program.

Thanks! it will be probably to far from midtown decatur. How about Goddard, Primrose, International school, the Waldorf school ?

Old 05-04-2016, 07:42 AM

2,167 posts, read 2,830,432 times
Quote:
Thanks! it will be probably to far from midtown decatur. How about Goddard, Primrose, International school, the Waldorf school ?
The only one of these options that makes any sense if living in Decatur and Working in Emory is Waldorf. Even that is pushing it if you are north of the tracks in Decatur. Getting North/South across the tracks during commute hours can be a bear. If you are planning to be inside the City of Decatur, have you looked into the early learning programs they offer via the public schools at College Heights? I know demand outstrips supply for toddler slots, but maybe there is less demand in the 3's range?

Frazer Center could be an option that results in reasonable commutes if living in Decatur and working in Emory.
Frazer Center — Gather. Learn. Flourish.

There is also Decatur First Babtist, The Phoenix School, Soul Shine, Smarties, School for Little Monsters, Oakhurst Cooperative in the area. Not sure how any of those might mesh with your requirements but I do know people who have enjoyed all of them.

You are smart to be aggressively pursuing this now. Particularly for infants, many of these places are going to have waitlists of months-years. Childcare in the eastern suburbs of Atlanta feels super competitive at times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta