Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 11:54 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
Could say the same about the 1st Amendment and the development of TV and online media. The technology is irrelevant.
Televisions are not killing weapons. Well, I guess if picked one up and bopped someone in the head with then it could be...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 12:42 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Some people are potential threats with or without weapons.

Because of this, one cannot logically assume that no people with weapons are threats because we don't know the intersection of those two groups.

No system is perfect, but I would rather have some sort of background checking in place than none.
When has anybody suggested getting rid of background checks?

Old 05-09-2016, 12:52 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,681,860 times
4 years ago, gay marriage wasn't an issue and neither was trans anything. Now that Obama got reelected there's this huge tsunami of trying to push liberal b/s on everyone and guns is the last the one for them to accomplish.

So, yeah, history is 4-8 years revolving door. Guns are bad right now, even for law abiding citizens.

Old 05-09-2016, 01:14 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
When has anybody suggested getting rid of background checks?
I've heard it suggested a number of times. Not in this specific thread. Some folks who believe in the right to own firearms take it to an extent I don't agree with. I like the idea of background checks.

Old 05-09-2016, 01:21 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
Looks like the Georgia Supreme Court sided with the gun folks and ruled that they have a right to pack heat in the Botanical Gardens. Great... They are going to allow Roundup Toting Plant Haters access next.

Edit: It now appears that the case was sent back to the trial court, with the Supremes ruling that that the trial court should not have dismissed the case in the first place.

Last edited by AnsleyPark; 05-09-2016 at 01:50 PM..

Old 05-09-2016, 01:46 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Looks like the Georgia Supreme Court sided with the gun folks and ruled that they have a right to pack heat in the Botanical Gardens. Great... They are going to allow Roundup Toting Plant Haters access next.
Dang. I was looking forward to seeing the Chihuly exhibit. Oh well. If I have to vote via my wallet, so be it.

Old 05-09-2016, 01:52 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,157,618 times
Quote:

Edit: It now appears that the case was sent back to the trial court, with the Supremes ruling that that the trial court should not have dismissed the case in the first place.
But if the piranha plants get me, I need to have some way of defending myself! Cause I'm a MAN and I don't want no flesh-eatin' plants getting a hold of me!

Old 05-09-2016, 02:23 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,526,600 times
Quote:

Not to rain on your little parade, but there's no Constitutional right to keep and bear herbicides, nor to damage other people's property, even with firearms.

Old 05-09-2016, 02:29 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,613,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
I've heard it suggested a number of times. Not in this specific thread. Some folks who believe in the right to own firearms take it to an extent I don't agree with. I like the idea of background checks.
There is not a legally possessing concealed permit bearing person on the planet that wants background checks eliminated.

Old 05-09-2016, 02:39 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,526,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
There is not a legally possessing concealed permit bearing person on the planet that wants background checks eliminated.
Yea there is. Me. What does a person's past tell you about future behavior? Nothing. Not one. single. thing! Once someone is out of jail, or completed treatment (mental health), then they should have ALL rights restored to them. If they're still a threat, then why are they out loose? Or better yet, if they're still a threat, why are we using jails as criminal-factories?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta