Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 08:27 AM

2,167 posts, read 2,813,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Thrive's 18 townhome development of Memorial Dr and 1st Ave?
29 attached townhomes, 8 detached townhomes, and 9 detached SFH was what was in their rezoning application . . . but otherwise, yes, that thing. It'll probably be getting bigger, if anything, as it looks like at least one of the SFH's that would have been "boxed in" on 2nd has been listed for sale. Can't imagine Thrive will pass on the opportunity to expand the footprint of the project and buy that parcel as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 09:55 AM

445 posts, read 512,605 times
Quote:
I suggest hiring Entry Enforcer to secure your doors, as the average deadbolt will not hold up against someone kicking it in.
Second this. The website is The Entry Enforcer - The Entry Enforcer

I lived in the immediate area a few years ago. It was safe then and I imagine has gotten only safer. The Hosea/2nd intersection, as red92s wrote, is going to be big. That area is practically in Oakhurst, which is ground zero for yuppies.

Old 05-05-2016, 10:07 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,698,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red92s View Post
29 attached townhomes, 8 detached townhomes, and 9 detached SFH was what was in their rezoning application . . . but otherwise, yes, that thing. It'll probably be getting bigger, if anything, as it looks like at least one of the SFH's that would have been "boxed in" on 2nd has been listed for sale. Can't imagine Thrive will pass on the opportunity to expand the footprint of the project and buy that parcel as well.
And the issue with the development is what?

Old 05-05-2016, 10:27 AM

2,167 posts, read 2,813,965 times
Quote:
And the issue with the development is what?
I don't know that there is an issue. But, if I was moving across the country and buying a house within shouting distance I'd rather not be surprised by bulldozers showing up the week after moving in.

Old 05-05-2016, 10:46 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,698,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red92s View Post
I don't know that there is an issue. But, if I was moving across the country and buying a house within shouting distance I'd rather not be surprised by bulldozers showing up the week after moving in.
True, the OP should know about the potential project.

Old 05-08-2016, 06:17 PM

49 posts, read 47,820 times
My sister lives near there and it's common to leave your car doors unlocked because they have been broken into only to find nothing but resulting in a $200 car window repair. Just like everyone said don't leave anything in your car, glove compartment or seats and they leave you alone.
I once had a small grocery bag with motor oil in it because my car leaked oil. The next morning window was smashed as they were trying to see what was in bag.
Haven't had any other issues.

Old 05-08-2016, 07:20 PM

31,993 posts, read 36,521,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow2011 View Post
My sister lives near there and it's common to leave your car doors unlocked because they have been broken into only to find nothing but resulting in a $200 car window repair. Just like everyone said don't leave anything in your car, glove compartment or seats and they leave you alone.
I once had a small grocery bag with motor oil in it because my car leaked oil. The next morning window was smashed as they were trying to see what was in bag.
Haven't had any other issues.
Makes you wonder if there are bad guys roaming the streets at night, peeking into cars and thinking about breaking into them. Hopefully they limit themselves to cars only.

Old 05-08-2016, 11:23 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,309,330 times
This seems insane. How would anyone feel safe getting into a car they've left unlocked all night I'm a dangerous neighborhood?

Old 05-09-2016, 09:27 AM

4,209 posts, read 4,702,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forhall View Post
This seems insane. How would anyone feel safe getting into a car they've left unlocked all night I'm a dangerous neighborhood?
It's not like you're gonna find a random person sleeping on the backseat. They're just looking for valuable items to take. This also has nothing to do with the neighborhood because the criminals that are stealing don't live in the neighborhoods they take items from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta