Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2016, 05:18 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,234,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post

And the 285/20 intersection IS a bottleneck, probably the biggest on I-20 West.
Yup, and you have to encounter this bottleneck to reach the proposed or current station if you are coming from the west or the north. The only people that would avoid the bottleneck would be those coming the south. Even then, this station does not bypass a bottleneck for ANYONE. Once you get to where this station would be, you would have no bottlenecks b/t it and the current terminus.

I hope 500m is an overestimate. You're probably right cq, this is probably the price for support. huzzah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 05:51 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,849,415 times
MARTA To Meet With Feds About Millions To Expand Transit | WABE 90.1 FM

Old 06-23-2016, 06:14 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,253,200 times
Quote:
Exaggeration. Doubt you would find any major metro with only 3 counties. But I don't think there are any others with nearly as many as Atlanta (28-29?).

Texas has 254 counties, but they have nearly 5 times the area of Georgia which has 159. Kentucky is 3rd with only 120. So Georgia does have extremely small counties (Fulton, Cobb, Gwinnett, DeKalb and Clayton could all fit inside Houston's Harris County).
Seattle area has 3 counties. King, Snohomish, Pierce. And those are the 3 counties of their regional transit system, Sound Transit. Where by the way they just today approved a $54 billion all-transit expansion package on the November ballot for voters, which makes me want to leave this stupid place and move there.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:30 PM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,859,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Seattle area has 3 counties. King, Snohomish, Pierce. And those are the 3 counties of their regional transit system, Sound Transit. Where by the way they just today approved a $54 billion all-transit expansion package on the November ballot for voters, which makes me want to leave this stupid place and move there.
That is a 3 county MSA. A couple of other areas I thought would be included are only in the CSA. And Los Angeles is only two-Los Angeles and Orange. I figured they wouldn't have many with their huge counties but thought it would be more than 3, however Ventura, Riverside and San Bernadino are in different MSAs. But Houston has 10, Dallas has 12, New York City itself has 5 counties, let alone the metro area which is in 3 states. Even Amarillo, Texas has 5 counties in its MSA.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:40 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,690,708 times
Quote:
That is a 3 county MSA. A couple of other areas I thought would be included are only in the CSA. And Los Angeles is only two-Los Angeles and Orange. I figured they wouldn't have many with their huge counties but thought it would be more than 3, however Ventura, Riverside and San Bernadino are in different MSAs. But Houston has 10, Dallas has 12, New York City itself has 5 counties, let alone the metro area which is in 3 states. Even Amarillo, Texas has 5 counties in its MSA.
Atlanta has a 28 county, 140 town MSA.

The CSA has 39 counties.

That is freaking absurd.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:57 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,253,200 times
The important thing to think about, is what MARTA could do with $54 billion (!) expansion funds, and no tribal political absurd boundary walls blocking off huge parts of the metro.

Everyone think about that and be really upset. In a productive way that somehow turns this anger into positive change.

Old 06-24-2016, 05:08 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,749,482 times
Any new news on the MARTA takeover?

Old 06-24-2016, 06:28 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,849,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
The thing is, they are trying to catch up to where MARTA currently is. MARTA has rail directly to the terminal at HJIA, LINK forces riders to walking thru a parking garage https://www.google.com/maps/place/Se...4d-122.2970307
MARTA has 48 miles of revenue track in 5 cardinal directions, LINK has 18 miles of LRT in a N-S axis.
While SoundTransit does have a much better bus network than MARTA, our rail systems cannot compare as HRT is a better quality in all categories.
CoA residents are about to embark on a historic vote, one that will pump at least $2.5B into the system for projects within the 133 sq mile city limits, add on top of that the $30M Georgia is giving MARTA for PA and e-signage upgrades, as well as the Clayton County fixed-guideway transit and MARTA is in the midst of a huge opportunity to show the state, residents and leaders of other counties that they are good stewards of public money.

Old 06-24-2016, 09:42 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,690,708 times
Still loving that list. Here's hoping that we can get more than the 'conservative estimate' from our sales tax revenue, and here's hoping that MARTA does well in the federal matching game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta