Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 10:04 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,370,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Does this Chick Fil A have more than one drive thru? I always go to the one in Forest Park and the second drive thru helps a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Or ... you could just go to McDonald's instead.

(Love me some CFA, but sorry ... when that line is wrapped around the building I keep driving.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Is this a second complete drive thru lane, or is it a partial lane for ordering only?
Hi. No, there is only one drive thru. This is all very new about a week or so. I have never seen the lines like they were until this new set up. It has made the lot traffic exponentially worse.

I'm in the lot just about everyday at a variety of times depending on my schedule, from early am to early afternoon. I go to the adjacent Dunkin Donuts and about once or twice a month will get a spicy biscuit at ChickFilA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 11:01 PM

4,413 posts, read 3,467,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Forcing people to needlessly drive around in circles is totally anti-urban.

And something Cobb would do.

Old 05-30-2016, 09:30 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
The OP makes it sound like Chic-Fil-A purposely set up this type of drive thru to add to the wait. It is obviously a response of being overcrowded and a way to manage the traffic so it did not back up on to Highway 74. Sounds like it worked. Sounds like it was too busy and as others have mentioned, would be a sign to drive down the street and opt for something less crowded.

Old 05-30-2016, 09:33 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
All that said, I must say Chic-Fil-A is one of the quickest at moving the line. Rarely do you sit and sit while one car is at the window for a long time. Recently I was in a line at their drive-thru.... not a long line actually... and the car in front of me took a long time. Probably arguing over their order. It was unusual for Chic-Fil-A but was an average wait that i find at most of the burger joints nearby. When I got to the window to hand my payment, the manager apologized for the long wait (as I mentioned, was long but not unreasonable) and refused my payment.

Who else in the fast food world does that?

Old 05-30-2016, 10:06 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
All that said, I must say Chic-Fil-A is one of the quickest at moving the line. Rarely do you sit and sit while one car is at the window for a long time. Recently I was in a line at their drive-thru.... not a long line actually... and the car in front of me took a long time. Probably arguing over their order. It was unusual for Chic-Fil-A but was an average wait that i find at most of the burger joints nearby. When I got to the window to hand my payment, the manager apologized for the long wait (as I mentioned, was long but not unreasonable) and refused my payment.

I have seen many quick service restaurants fail recently in drive thru service. When cars are parked along the curb past a drive thru window, either there is suspicious activity including loitering, terrorism, etc., or the crew on shift is not doing their job getting the food out fresh and hot in a timely manner. These drive thru lanes in question have two windows with one window becoming unnecessary for bad service in recent years.

Old 05-30-2016, 10:43 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:

I have to agree. Chick-Fil-A generally keeps its drive thru moving.

If the lines are too long, I just park and go inside. It's not bad to stretch your legs a little anyway.

Old 05-30-2016, 11:08 AM

1,946 posts, read 7,370,923 times
Quote:
The OP makes it sound like Chic-Fil-A purposely set up this type of drive thru to add to the wait. It is obviously a response of being overcrowded and a way to manage the traffic so it did not back up on to Highway 74. Sounds like it worked. Sounds like it was too busy and as others have mentioned, would be a sign to drive down the street and opt for something less crowded.
Sadly, the "remedy" does not work. Talked to one of the folks who works in the pretty much adjacent Dunkin Donuts yesterday and she too confirmed the traffic is exponentially worse for ALL in the lot. 74 wasn't a huge issue. The new changes have been about maybe a week now.

Old 05-30-2016, 03:27 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,153,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I have seen many quick service restaurants fail recently in drive thru service. When cars are parked along the curb past a drive thru window, either there is suspicious activity including loitering, terrorism, etc., or the crew on shift is not doing their job getting the food out fresh and hot in a timely manner. These drive thru lanes in question have two windows with one window becoming unnecessary for bad service in recent years.
Wut
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta