Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 09:58 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times

Advertisements

Had dinner with friends in Senoia tonight. Ate at an amazing new place called The Tomato House which replaced the closed Redneck Gourmet. Very upscale and inventive food, craft cocktails etc -- probably as nice as anything ITP or at least south of the airport. Fantastic staff. Surprisingly very busy for a Wednesday night. Lots of Peachtree City and South Fayette money people in there. Maybe a few movie peeps. Hard to tell.

"Walking Dead" exec producer Greg Nicotero and Norman Reedus are about to open another new restaurant on Main Street where Zac Brown's "Southern Ground" used to be. It will be called Nic and Norman's. This should lay to rest any talk among those who claim the TV and movie industry is only here temporarily due to tax breaks. The cast and crew of TWD consider Senoia their "home" and have put down roots. You don't invest personal money in a community you don't care about.

Speaking of TWD, shooting on season 7 has begun but so far they've been out on location. Local folks told me they were on the Alexandria set one day last week breifly but that's all. Shooting is suppose to return to downtown Senoia full-force in June.

Also, another phase of the downtown Senoia expansion is underway, that will finish out the east side of Main Street (next to Hollberg's Furniture). This will add some more period buildings designed in a New Orleans / Lowcountry style to house shops, lofts and restaurants. There's also a block of row houses immediately behind going up. Of course, all of this will double as movie / TV sets as need be.
Attached Thumbnails
SENOIA UPDATE: New restaurants, new construction-image.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 05:49 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,377,156 times
I never would've known any of this if you hadn't told it here. It's been fascinating watching what has happened to Senoia since the coming of the film/television industry. I'll make it a point to visit Senoia when I get down that way.

I went and looked at Senoia's demographics and the town is experiencing extreme growth. Growth of 81% at 2000, 90% at 2010, and 20% estimated at 2014. Won't remain small for long...

Last edited by AtlantaIsHot; 06-02-2016 at 06:10 AM..

Old 06-03-2016, 10:10 PM

34 posts, read 58,647 times
I really like downtown Senioa, I only wish it was bigger. I think the local business, especially all the little antique stores, need to get with modern times a bit and stay open more on the weekends. Traveling into Senioa on a Sunday and way too many stores are closed. The area is definitely eclectic.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:35 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,819,152 times
I have never visited which is surprising because my boyfriend must be one of the biggest fans of TWD ever.

One of my friend's grandmother lives there and grows some of the best collard greens I have ever cooked.

I am happy that the area is expanding, but it has to do that to please the folks who will be working there.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:50 AM

4,413 posts, read 3,467,298 times
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. My elderly father and I have been making a little adventure out of trying new places all over the metro. I'll definitely add Senoia to the list!

Old 06-04-2016, 09:03 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
Long before it was "discovered" I thought Senoia had one of the most unique layouts of any southern town I know. I think that one of the main reasons is the two state highways that intersect at Senoia, GA 16 and GA 85 both skirt the center of town. The main street area, not being on a through road, has the feel that it was set there be a Disney designer. It makes it one of the most walkable, traffic free (as far as people just passing thru) town centers I know of. You don't go to downtown Senoia unless you mean to.

Old 05-05-2021, 04:53 PM

560 posts, read 335,690 times
More Senoia restaurants want to swap parking for outdoor dining

Quote:
More Senoia restaurants are wanting to convert downtown parking spaces to outdoor dining areas and the Senoia City Council discussed the most recent request at its Monday work session.

In August, converting 10 parking spaces on Main Street into outdoor dining areas was approved by the city council, though the project has yet to take place.

In related news...

Senoia-to-Newnan rail trolley proposed

Quote:
Could a rail trolley run between downtown Senoia and downtown Newnan on a regular basis, proving an existing tourist draw to Coweta County while linking the two cities?

That's an idea that Scott Tigchelaar would like to explore – if Norfolk Southern Railway will be on board.

Old 05-05-2021, 08:14 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,024,404 times
cant see the trolley idea happening unless its privately funded ,completely.

Old 05-06-2021, 04:54 PM

560 posts, read 335,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverOne View Post
cant see the trolley idea happening unless its privately funded ,completely.
Yeah, and I wonder how much traffic accursed between the two. Is it enough to make a trolly make good business sense. Now what would make sense is connecting the PTC multi-use trail system to the Senoia Trail. I understand that has been bounced around for years and would make so much sense economically, especially for Senoia.

Old 05-06-2021, 11:42 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,024,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoski View Post
Yeah, and I wonder how much traffic accursed between the two. Is it enough to make a trolly make good business sense. Now what would make sense is connecting the PTC multi-use trail system to the Senoia Trail. I understand that has been bounced around for years and would make so much sense economically, especially for Senoia.
Thats very feasible and probably will happen(the extended trail)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta