Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 09:56 PM

5 posts, read 4,943 times

Advertisements

Hi There,

Moving to midtown from NYC. I've found 3 buildings that I like: Aqua, 1010 Midtown, and 905 Juniper. Both have their pluses and minuses. I want a more quiet building, but the lack of building around 905 Juniper makes me nervous that it's the calm before the storm. Aqua's elevator situation makes me nervous. If the elevator breaks, I don't want to climb 21 stories with groceries, etc to get home until it's fixed. Also, the units seem a little small and I'm not a fan of the highway side of midtown as much as the park side of town. 1010 Midtown seems like it can be a party scene from the sheer size. Definitely looking for some quiet days by the pool, a safe building to live in with a bit of space (after coming from a closet sized place in NYC). Anyone familiar with living in any of these buildings? Just viewed a bunch at Luxe; great building and location, just swallowed by other buildings now.

Thanks,
Charlene
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2016, 03:12 AM

4,768 posts, read 5,439,999 times
When are moving? Are you aware that many new apartments are due to hit the Midtown market soon and you might find something even better. 1010 definetely is the sexiest for outside looks.

Old 06-19-2016, 08:08 AM

8 posts, read 8,291 times
Try the Atlantic....quiet area, yet across the street from restaurants, etc. Ample, quiet pool area. Shuttle to MARTA station or short walk. Easy walk to a variety of places. Area is safe and units are good sized. Elevators work, 3 for low rise (floors to 25) and 2 for high rise (floors 36 and higher).

Old 06-19-2016, 09:25 AM

197 posts, read 183,990 times
Just moved into Alta Midtown. The amenities & views here are stunning.

Old 06-19-2016, 10:39 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,135,673 times
There's a huge apartment highrise that's about to start new construction later this summer/early fall right in front of 905 Juniper. 905 Juniper is on the bottom right and the new highrise is in the foreground so that'll be noise you have to worry about over the next 2 years(only during work hours ofc).

Old 06-19-2016, 10:44 PM

770 posts, read 603,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene723 View Post
Hi There,

Moving to midtown from NYC. I've found 3 buildings that I like: Aqua, 1010 Midtown, and 905 Juniper. Both have their pluses and minuses. I want a more quiet building, but the lack of building around 905 Juniper makes me nervous that it's the calm before the storm. Aqua's elevator situation makes me nervous. If the elevator breaks, I don't want to climb 21 stories with groceries, etc to get home until it's fixed. Also, the units seem a little small and I'm not a fan of the highway side of midtown as much as the park side of town. 1010 Midtown seems like it can be a party scene from the sheer size. Definitely looking for some quiet days by the pool, a safe building to live in with a bit of space (after coming from a closet sized place in NYC). Anyone familiar with living in any of these buildings? Just viewed a bunch at Luxe; great building and location, just swallowed by other buildings now.

Thanks,
Charlene
I'm presuming you're considering buying if you're looking at these places as rentals they will be scooped up quickly and will vary wildly. A consideration in the area though is MidCity Lofts 2-3 blocks from Aqua and walkable to Publix in Midtown, is closer to the highway side, but cheaper too, a bit different from the others as it's close to GT and has a great roof, and only two blocks from Peachtree Street, two blocks from MARTA, a lot of people who rented at 905 bought at MidCity cause they like the smaller building but didn't want to pay the price. Some aren't loft style as there have been many conversions by now, so that's worth noting as that isn't everyone's preference. Also hard to say there is a better pool in midtown then at MidCity.

From our looks 1010 was said to be quite loud for the space, I was told thinner walls than what you'd expect for the price. They also tended to be much, much more expensive than the others, cause of the sex appeal. Location is very nice and the views that look over the Fed and down Peachtree are great, but you're paying for it.

Don't know enough about Aqua, but it's location right on 10th, with the parking situation left me not interested, as it's too much of a pain getting in and out of it. The units that we saw were nice though.

905 was very nice, but prices have jumped there significantly in the past 2-3 years, it's getting more exclusive, luxurious, in the vein of being competitive with 1010. It's a nice building, small, relatively quiet, but a warning is don't be on the Juniper side, as sirens run up and down that road all day and night and it's loud, particularly on the lower floors, we were there for a couple years. Parking there is great though if you will have a car, which most do, as it's very easy in and out, that's something nice about the smaller buildings, the parking decks are smaller too, why we liked Midcity and 905, easier in and out. 905 is also only two blocks from the park and because it's that distance you didn't have road closures from when festivals events were happening at Piedmont Park. There will be a building directly outside of 905 soon on the empty lot across the street from Juniper, presuming they break ground, something like 40 stories, so it'll be a bit overdeveloped in a year or two and the view will be far more limited. Pool is on the backside with no view, but it's quiet and nice.

All are within 2-3 blocks of MARTA, so that's great if you like that. Pools will undoubtedly be busier at 1010 and Aqua, larger, not sure where Aqua's is off hand. My experience at 905 was the pools were relatively empty and MidCity was much the same since they are under 10 stories.

Old 07-17-2016, 05:31 PM

5 posts, read 4,943 times
Thanks everyone for your responses. We are narrowed down to The Luxe, 1010, and now considering The Atlantic. We both work at the airport and we are a one-car household. No kids. I should have added that we are buying. I've heard some foundation rumors about the Renaissance, but the penthouses can be purchased for mid 500Ks for 1800-2000SF. Park view at the Luxe really seems like the only options in that building, and some of the units at 1010 Midtown are just either too pricey or too small. Thanks for sharing about the large building going up near 905 Juniper. Had no idea that was in the works. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of living in The Atlantic? I've heard it can be quite a party over there and noisy on certain floors. I'm viewing some on 41 tomorrow afternoon. I'm fine living in Atlantic Station, the other half is afraid of being disconnected from midtown, but the prices are about 100K cheaper for similar living in 1010 or Luxe.

Last edited by Charlene723; 07-17-2016 at 06:56 PM..

Old 07-17-2016, 06:48 PM

219 posts, read 270,558 times
905 is worth the extra 100k. A few blocks from Piedmont and Juniper is about to get a makeover, totally making that side of midtown even more exclusive. The walk to Marta from there is much more doable than from AS.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:22 PM

162 posts, read 154,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
There's a huge apartment highrise that's about to start new construction later this summer/early fall right in front of 905 Juniper. 905 Juniper is on the bottom right and the new highrise is in the foreground so that'll be noise you have to worry about over the next 2 years(only during work hours ofc).
That's a great building. I thought it was still up in the air.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:21 AM

8 posts, read 8,291 times
41st floor of Atlantic is a nice quiet floor. People are friendly.

Having Atlantic Station across the street is a bonus. Once shuttle driver gets to know you, they will often stop and pick you up even if it isn't a "real" stop if they see you carrying luggage or the weather isn't nice.

Overall, we really enjoy living here.

Last edited by msz7763; 07-18-2016 at 07:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta